Job Title: Trucking Dispatcher (1525)
Business Type: Transportation and Freight
Job Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Position type: Full time, Permanent
Number of positions: 1
Compensation: $24.50 per hour/35 hours/week
Minimum qualifications for this position must meet the following criteria:
- Education – High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a truck driver an asset
- Valid AZ driver’s license and must possess a clean driver abstract
- Good oral and written English communication skills
- Ability to drive long hours and long distances
- Know how to operate GPS and electronic logbook
- Knowledge of truck driving rules and regulations
- A positive and friendly attitude
- Must possess excellent customer service skills, with the ability to ask probing questions and understand and resolve customer concerns
- Full awareness of operating in a Hazardous work environment
- Mechanical inclination is desirable.
- High school diploma or GED or higher.
- 1 year experience as a truck dispatcher in a similar industry. Applicants having completed dispatcher training can also be considered.
- Exceptional ability to schedule drivers, plan routes, and dispatch drivers to customer locations.
- Extensive experience in customer services, as well as generating freight bills and invoices.
- Experience with Transportation Management Software (TMS), such as Avaal Software.
- Serving as a reliable point of contact to balance drivers’ health and safety with customer requirements.
- Determining the best delivery methods and negotiating rates directly with vendors and customers.
- Proficiency in office software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook Express.
- Ability to monitor drivers' logs, truck maintenance schedules, and repairs.
- Knowledge of applicable transportation regulations and laws.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and time management skills.
How to Apply
How to Apply:
Please send your resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Dispatcher Position at Ace City.”
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. However, we will only contact candidates selected for an interview.
Ace City Inc. is an equal opportunity employer
No views yet