The welder reports directly to their assigned Team Leader. This position requires a well-organized individual with a strong desire to learn. The individual must be mechanically inclined, be able to multitask, and must be willing to undertake any role assigned to them in the department.
What does success look like?
Success for this position is an extremely positive individual with a good attitude and is able to work well under minimal supervision. The individual is well organized, responsible, and very confident in their own abilities. Experience in metal fabrication industry would be an asset. Trout River Industries is also willing to train the right candidate for this position.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
- Determine proper welding parameters based on requirements
- Set up components for welding according to specifications
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
- Align components using calipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces
- Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment
- Operating manual plasma cutter
- Interpret welding process specifications
- Use of various power tools
- Use and knowledge of stationary power equipment
- Light to heavy lifting up to 75 pounds
- Maintain a clean & safe workstation and work environment
- Use of basic measuring tools
- Willingness to learn
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures specifically MIG
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools (squares, grinders, etc.)
- Familiarity with power tools, hand tools and machinery
- Knowledge of basic measuring tools
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
- Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (face-shield, gloves etc.)
- Deftness and attention to detail
- Ability to contribute in a team work environment
- Ability to communicate effectively to ensure product flow to next work station
- Ability to contribute to a safe and organized work environment
- Able to work under minimal supervision
- Able to work in various heights
- Clear and concise communication skills
About our company:
We are proud to be the leading Canadian manufacturer of live bottom trailers with our Live Bottom, Hycube, Multi-Purpose Box and new agricultural line, The Crop Hopper. Located on beautiful Prince Edward Island, with more than 20 years’ experience, Trout River Industries has reached out across the world to deliver high quality innovative products and solutions in the USA, Europe, Jordan, Japan, and Australia. If you want know where we are going next, join our team and find out.
What we offer:
- Competitive wage package
- Group benefits package including health, dental and vision
- RRSP plan
- Opportunities for advancement
- Strong team environment
How to ApplyTo Apply: To apply please drop off your resume in person at 32 Trout River Rd. Coleman, PE between 8am and 5pm Monday to Friday or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No views yet