Personal Support Worker
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Hiring Personal Support Workers (PSW)
My Place Home Care hires Personal Support Workers that share our values of:
At My Place Home Care compassion drives everything we do. We provide quality care demonstrating dignity and respect for those in need, and accept all individuals for who they are in order to foster healing and well-being in a holistic manner. We strive to maintain the highest standards of excellence, performance and collaboration with clients, family members and co-workers in a values-based ways.
The personal support worker will be responsible for caring for seniors and persons with disabilities and assisting them with ADLs and IADLs.
You should be hard working, punctual, an independent thinker and, the ability to work with limited supervision is a plus.
• Must be eligible to work in Canada
• Be 18 years of age or older
• Have a PSW Certificate or equivalent (You may also quality for the role of the Personal Support Worker if you have at least ONE of the following Personal Support Worker Certificate or NACC certificate if you graduated from a private college, Valid HSW level 2 or 3 ; Health Care Aide or PA+2 Certificate, 1st Year Nursing RN Completion, Developmental Support worker Certificate, Foreign Trained RN Degree, Foreign Trained Midwife, Foreign Trained Doctor)
• Have a Satisfactory Police Records Check for the Vulnerable Sector obtained within the last 6 months
• Have Current Standard First Aid Certificate
• Have Current CPR level C Certificate
• Immunization including your MMR (Mumps, Measles and Rubella )
• Immunization including Tentanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis
• Immunization Polio
• Immunization Hepatitis B
• Negative TB Test or x-ray if applicable required within the last 12 months
• 5 years of experience as a PSW or related position
• Immunization with the Current Flu Vaccine
• Valid Driver’s License
• Access to reliable transportation
• Adequate vehicle insurance for transporting clients and business usage
• Fluent in English; French and other languages are an asset.
Must have the following skills:
• Sound decision making skills
• Good analytical and problem solving skills
• Effective communications skills
• Have good time management skills
• Ability to work independently.
• Be highly organized;
• Have good interpersonal skills
• Be self-motivated and reliable
• Be confident in their capabilities and training
• Show Compassionate and caring for clients and their needs
• Take pride in their vocation
How to ApplyPlease send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
No views yet