Long Haul Truck Driver
- Bhupinder Singh Transportation Inc. – Posted by firstname.lastname@example.org
- Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
- Job ID : 17262
- Category : Transportation
- Job Type : Full-Time
- Salary : $$26.75 Hourly
- Anticipated Start Date : ASAP
- Posting Date : 30 Dec 2020
- Expiry Date : 30 Dec 2021
Bhupinder Singh Transportation Inc.
We are looking for a suitable candidate for the position of LONG-HAUL TRUCK DRIVER.
This position is full-time and entails working 50-60 hours per week.
Your job responsibilities will include:
• Operate and drive tractor-trailer, long-combination to transport goods and materials over long distances.
• Plan trip and obtain required documentation to transport goods.
• Perform pre-trip, on route and post-trip inspection of vehicle systems, equipment and accessories such as tires, lights and turning signals and brakes.
• Perform emergency roadside repairs.
• Ensure cargo is secured properly in accordance with safety requirements and follow safety procedures for transporting dangerous goods.
• Obtain special permits and other documents required to transport cargo on international routes.
• Maintain driver logbook, administer bills of lading and manually or electronically maintain logbooks.
• Communicate with dispatcher, other drivers and customers.
• May drive as part of a two-person team.
• Manage trip reports, maintenance reports, inspection reports.
• Previous experience as a Long-Haul driver will be an asset
(No experience required, On the job training will be provided)
• Driver’s License (Class 1 or A)
• Air Brake (Z) Endorsement
• Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend English effectively
• Completion of High School or Diploma required
• Weight Handling: Up to 23 Kgs (50 lbs)
What we offer:
• 4% Vacation pay of the gross salary will be paid each pay period
• Terms of Employment: Permanent Full-Time position
If eligible, please apply with resume via:
Mail: 8585 149A Street, Surrey BC V3S 7K7
Transportation/Travel Information: Willing to travel cross-border, Willing to travel for extended periods, Willing to travel internationally, Valid driver’s licence, Willing to travel overnight.
Documentation Knowledge: Driver logbook, Bill of lading, Inspection report (pre-trip, in-route, post-trip), Trans-border documentation, Maintenance and repair reports, Trip reports, Accident or incident reports.
Personal Suitability: Effective interpersonal skills, Team player, Organized, Flexibility.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to Detail, handling heavy loads, physically demanding, Sitting, Overtime Required.
Type of Trucking and Equipment: Straight truck (4,600kg or 10,000lbs with 3 axles), Tractor-trailer, Refrigerated, and Highway.
Type of Travel: This position is for Long-haul heavy truck driving, routes vary considerably; routes include travel through British Columbia, across Canada, and the United States. Driving in teams or as a single driver.
How to ApplyEmail: email@example.com Mail: 8585 149A Street, Surrey BC V3S 7K7
No views yet