NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Meat & Bread has an opening for a full-time Line Cook at our Robson location! We are looking for someone who is reliable, has a passion for food and cooking, and is eager to learn new things. We prepare everything with high quality ingredients, strong culinary skill, and a lot of heart, and we want someone who shares our company values and can meet our expectations of high-quality service.
Position Title: Line Cook (NOC 6322)
Positions Available: 1
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Work Schedule: 40 hours per week
Terms of Employment: Full-time, permanent
Salary: $17 per hour, negotiable dependent on experience
Benefits: 4% vacation pay; 10 days paid vacation after one year;
Optional extended health benefits;
Discounts on food.
Required Language: English
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare complete meals and/or individual dishes and foods in accordance with special recipes and portion sizes.
- Maintain a safe and sanitary work station and environment.
- Ensure work station is stocked and prepped for shift.
- Oversee general operations of the kitchen.
- Provide professional and superior customer service in accordance with established company standards.
- Maintain the inventory/records of food, supplies, and equipment.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all promotions and events of the week/month.
- Maintain open communication lines with all staff members.
Meat & Bread
625 Robson Street,
Education & Experience Requirements
- Completion of secondary school;
- Minimum college-level diploma in cooking or similar;
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a fast-paced professional kitchen environment;
- Food Safe 1 (or intention to get);
- Serving it Right certification (or intention to get);
- WHMIS (or intention to get).
How to ApplyHow to Apply By email: meatandbreadHR@gmail.com When applying, please include the job title in the subject line and attach a resume and cover letter. We encourage those from underrepresented groups including indigenous persons, vulnerable youth, newcomers to Canada, and persons with disabilities to apply. Only those who meet the requirements and are qualified will be considered. We look forward to hearing from you!
No views yet