Customer and food Service Supervisor for Bakery & Cafe
- Creamy Rainbow Bakery&Cafe – Posted by creamyrainbow
- Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
- Job ID : 10381
- Category : Restaurant
- Job Type : Full-Time
- Salary : $13-14 Hourly
- Anticipated Start Date : 2020-06-01
- Posting Date : 10 Apr 2020
- Expiry Date : 10 Apr 2021
*All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however Canadians and Permanent Residents will be given priority.
The job includes the following duties:
– Supervise and support new product recipe development for pastry and beverages.
– Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of staff who prepare, portion and serve food
– Estimate and order ingredients and supplies required for meal preparation
– Establish work schedules and procedures
– Maintain records of stock, repairs, sales and wastage
– Train new staff in job duties, and sanitation and safety procedures
– Provide training to new staff in operating café related machines, such as espresso machine, tea machine, POS system.
– Teach new staff in how to make coffee beverage and specialty drinks according to menu
– Ensure that food and service meet quality control standards
– May participate in the selection of food service staff and assist in the development of policies, procedures and budgets
– May plan cafeteria menus and determine related food and labour costs.
The job is full-time permanent position, and 30-45 hours per week.
Salary is negotiable based on experience and background.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
– Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Tight deadlines, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Standing for extended periods, Bending, crouching, kneeling, Walking, Physically demanding
Work Site Environment
– Flexible, Excellent oral communication, Client focus, Team player, Effective interpersonal skills
– Language – English is spoken in the workplace; candidates must have good English communication Skills; Other language skill would be an asset – Mandarin and Korean.
– Work experience – minimum 1 years experience in combination of pastry&coffee service, and general people or task management; Or a onsite test will be required to estimate qualification.
– Knowledge in making artisan coffee, such as espresso coffee, latte, cappuccino, etc.
– Experience with Asian &European style pastry and beverages would be required.
– Completion of an university degree, or relevant education.
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required with strong problem-solving, organizational and management skills;
– Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, willing to work split shifts when required;
– Ability to stand for extended periods of time with some lifting required.
– Ability to manage 3-5 people.
Employment prefered groups: youth, indigenous people, newcomers to Canada, visible minorities
How to ApplyJob Reference #200401001 Please provide latest resume by email. firstname.lastname@example.org Or by mail Creamy Rainbow Bakery & Cafe 1526 Dresden Row. Halifax, NS Canada B3J 2K2
No views yet