- Wrap ‘N’ Roll Food Inc. – Posted by Wrap 'N' Roll
- Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
- Job ID : 21925
- Category : Food Services
- Job Type : Full-Time
- Salary : $19-23 Hourly
- Anticipated Start Date : 2021-05-15
- Posting Date : 05 Apr 2021
- Expiry Date : 04 Jun 2021
Wrap 'N' Roll Food Inc. in Victoria, BC, is seeking a full-time, authentic Lebanese-cuisine Chef, for our new location opening in mid-May 2021.
The Chef's role will be to plan and direct Halal food preparation and cooking activities for customers of our Lebanese food restaurant and for catering events, including the following duties and responsibilities:
· Prepare and cook specialty meals and foods from scratch, including pastries, sauces, soups, salads and other vegetables, meat, poultry and fish.
· Create decorative food displays for catering events.
· Create new recipes, and plan and manage the menu.
· Lead and supervise cooks and kitchen helpers, including instructing Cooks in preparation, cooking and garnishing specialty foods, and demonstrate new cooking techniques.
· Assist with recruitment and hiring of new staff.
· Estimate food requirements and food and labour costs, and assist with orders of food and kitchen supplies.
· Ensure that food meets quality standards, and that all safety and hygiene standards are met and exceeded.
The successful candidate ideally meets the following requirements:
· Completion of culinary school or other Cook's trade certification. Food safe certification.
· At least three to five years of experience in commercial Lebanese cuisine food preparation, with expertise in making authentic foods such as Tabbouleh, Grape Leaves, Shawarma, Kibbeh, Shish Barak, and more.
· Fully competent and experienced in specialized Halal food preparation.
· At least two years of experience supervising kitchen teams.
· Sufficient English language proficiency to communicate with the team.
· Ability to work under time constraints.
· It would be an asset, though not a requirement, if the candidate has experience in marketing.
· The ideal candidate would be able to help us take our highly successful restaurant to new heights.
The position is for 40 hours per week.
The wage range is $19.00 to $23.00 per hour depending on level of training and experience.
We promote equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Students, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
How to Apply
Please send your application with full resume to email@example.com
No views yet