- A&W Kenora – Posted by IIBC
- Kenora, Ontario, Canada
- Job ID : 6269
- Category : Restaurant
- Job Type : Full-Time
- Salary : $14.00-14.75 Hourly
- Anticipated Start Date : 2019-10-01
- Posting Date : 20 Sep 2019
- Expiry Date : 17 May 2020
4 Cooks Needed
A&W Restaurant in Kenora, ON is looking for 4 (4) permanent full-time Cooks to start immediately.
Starting wage $14.00-$14.75 with Life Insurance, disability, and Extended Medical benefits after 1 year probationary period on a 50/50 split, dental is option at 100% employee expense. Your wage will be reviewed regularly and potential increases will be based on performance
Job Location: 924 5th St S, Kenora, ON P9N 1L8, Canada
Start Date of Employment: As soon as possible
Job Type: Full-time, permanent position in Kenora, Ontario.
Hours: 32-40 hours per week; Varies but mainly nightshift and weekends
Note: the restaurant will be open 24 hours a day so you must be willing to work the night shift to qualify for this position.
– Minimum 3 years’ experience in food preparation or culinary degree
– Completion of a secondary school is required
– Ability to communicate effectively in English.
– Strong communication and leadership skills with attention to detail
– Ability to handle, raw chicken, burgers, fresh vegetables, and other fresh products to avoid cross contamination.
– High standard of cleanliness and hygiene to ensure food is safe to eat.
– Ability to manage multiple tasks
– Ability to cook under pressure with accuracy while providing consistent food quality.
– Able to work in a fast paced environment
– Able to cook to order multiple different dishes while following food safety procedures.
– Ability to work long hours standing as well as complete physically demanding work as required
– Ability to work with hot surfaces and oils.
Duties and responsibilities:
– Prepare meals to order at the highest standard and fully cooked to avoid illnesses.
– Maintaining sanitation, health and safety standard in the work areas to avoid cross contamination.
– Maintaining all inventories during rushes and keeping food separate until plated.
– Portion food as per order while dealing with pork, chicken, eggs, and raw produce.
– Train staff in job duties and proper restaurant procedures and hygiene.
– Watch for special orders to ensure that food is cooked correctly to avoid allergies or other customer food sensitivities.
– Ensure that food is cooked optimally to the highest standard while following KFC’s franchise standards.
– Ensure a first in first out system is used to keep product life span optimal for cooking and quality.
How to ApplyApply with resume via email to email@example.com (Subject Line or Email Body should include: Cook – Kenora) or submit in person or mail to 924 5th St S, Kenora, ON P9N 1L8. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage new immigrants, aboriginals and youth to apply for the job. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
No views yet