We are seeking a full-time Sous Chef to join our kitchen team. This is a full-time position, 30-40 hours per week. The starting wage is $18.00/hour, depending on experience + % of server’s tips + 1 free daily meal and two-weeks vacation pay (10 business days). The position is available starting immediately.
The current fixed schedule for this position is Tuesday/Wednesday 9:00am to 4:00 pm and Friday/Saturday/Sunday from 4:00 pm – 11:00 pm.
The successful candidate will employ its culinary and managerial skills in order to play a critical role in maintaining and enhancing our customers’ satisfaction.
• Help in the preparation and design of all food features
• Produce high quality plates both design and taste wise
• Ensure that the kitchen operates in a timely way that meets our quality standards
• Fill in for the Head Chef in planning and directing food preparation when necessary
• Resourcefully solve any issues that arise and seize control of any problematic situation
• Manage and train kitchen staff and assess staff’s performance
• Order supplies to stock inventory appropriately
• Comply with and enforce sanitation regulations and safety standards
• Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
• 2+ years of experience as a Chef or experience as a cook with demonstrated supervisory skills
• Culinary Trades Diploma or equivalent experience in lieu
• Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
• Excellent record of kitchen and staff management
• Accuracy and speed in handling emergency situations and providing solutions
• Familiar with industry’s best practices
How to ApplyHow to Apply: Phone: 604-351-3355 (Ask for Yanni, state you are applying for a Sous-Chef position at Cavo Bar) Email: Please reply to this posting or send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination because of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status, or disability. Cavo Bar invites all qualified applicants to apply and is committed to a diverse workforce. If you see this job posting, we are still hiring! We look forward to hearing from you. The Cavo Team Job Location: 911 Granville Street Vancouver, BC Canada V6Z1L3 (604) 568-3454
No views yet