Optical & Optometric Technician [NOC 3414]
- Dr. Judy Schnarr Optometric Corporation DBA Pacific Eye Doctors – Posted by Dr. Judy Schnarr
- Job ID : 14833
- Category : Health Care
- Job Type : Full-Time
- Salary : $24 Hourly
- Anticipated Start Date : 2020-12-01
- Posting Date : 28 Oct 2020
- Expiry Date : 28 Oct 2021
Dr. Judy Schnarr Optometric Corporation DBA Pacific Eye Doctors is seeking a Full Time, Permanent Position for Optical & Optometric Technician [NOC 3414]
Our address is 22320 Brown Ave, Maple Ridge, BC V2X 3N3 .
The job requirements are:
Patient greeting, preparing and completing patient records online and adding new information on records for returning clients;
– Checking in/checking out patients.
– Creating referrals to specialists and sending letters
– Billing Medical Services Plan
– Billing private insurance
– Patient interview, patient testing on several pieces of screening equipment, testing colour vision and stereo
– optical sales of lenses, frames and accessories
– repair of ophthalmic products (eyeglasses)
– using lab edging equipment to make ophthalmic glasses
– frame adjustment and delivery
– Maintenance of stock through inventory control systems
– Handling customer prescription pick-up
– Assisting with cashier responsibilities
– cashing out at day’s end
– Contact lens technician: teach insertion and removal, fit products, troubleshoot, order lenses and product.
• Previous experience [1 year or more] in optometry prescreening (autorefraction, autokeratometry, non-contact tonometry, frequency doubling technology instrument, Optos camera, OCT laser scan, fundus camera, colour vision, stereo) contact lens teaching/fitting and follow up, ophthalmic frame selection, ophthalmic lens selection, optical lab lens edging, Humphries Visual Field testing experience is required;
• Completion of Secondary School;
• Proficiency in English including speaking and writing component required;
• Use of Visual Eyes software.
• This is a high pressure job and requires commitment from the candidate
Compensation is $ 24/ hour. This position is full time, 9am-5pm, Mon-Fri [40 hours per week]. Applicant may be required to work on weekends and evenings as per work demand.
Benefits after 3 months ;
-extended health and dental is offered at 50% copay;
How to ApplyPlease email resumes to email@example.com
No views yet