- GALLOPS CANADA – Posted by Gallopsholdings
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Job ID : 100381
- Category : Manufacturing & Production
- Job Type : Full-Time
- Salary : $77,260 Annually
- Anticipated Start Date : 2023-08-01
- Posting Date : 11 May 2023
- Expiry Date : 10 Jun 2023
Gallops Canada is a Canadian company, led and operated by the same ownership for a decade. We are committed to providing recycling solutions for residential, industrial, commercial and institutional customers across Ontario. In 2018, we opened a 45,000 sqft warehouse and a processing center in Toronto, Ontario, which offers recycling solutions for our operation.
At Gallops Canada, our focus is on commodity trading and international logistics solutions for recycled paper and plastics on a global scale. In line with this mission, we have established a dedicated division for plastic molding and pelletizing. This division is responsible for creating high-quality plastic pellets that are tailored to meet the unique needs of our end users.
Gallops Canada is Canada’s fastest-growing recycled paper exporter and Importer of Paper products and currently serves over 30 paper mills in the Asian markets. Gallops Canada covers all paper materials products and recycled materials, trading and logistics.
Gallops Canada currently processes approx 75000MT of residential, commercial and industrial recycled paper and cardboard worldwide. In Ontario, we are presently servicing eight cities belonging to the Region of Durham( Ajax, Pickering, Whitby, Oshawa, Carlington, Brock, Uxbridge, and Scugog ) with their residential and commercial paper recycling.
The company is structured with responsibility and ownership based but a seamless value stream. A highly competent leadership team is driving the value stream with a dynamic group of people supporting the operations. We believe that you deserve the best customer experience in the industry, and it’s that quality of service. Our staff shares our commitment to service. We’re more than a company: we’re a team, from friendly customer service representatives to seasoned sales professionals, dedicated drivers, and highly trained processing employees.
Who We Are Looking For
The company is looking to hire a plant manager for running and overseeing the daily operations of the production process in our manufacturing facility. The selected candidate will be expected to set up the machines and a safe environment for production; manage the workflow for the production project; ensure efficiency during the process as well as oversee the quality assurance of produced materials/ goods.
The best candidate will be adept at lean manufacturing and will be focused on improving efficiencies and processes in a facility. He/she will have prior education at the Bachelor’s level in manufacturing or mechanical engineering together with 3 to less than 5 years experience in production/manufacturing facility, part of which should be in a leadership position.
The selected candidate will deliver on the following:
- Establish goals for production, and coordinate a plan to meet those goals
- Ensure production stays on schedule
- Assure products meet quality standards
- Write production reports
- Analyze production data and optimize for efficiency
- Direct an efficient layout of equipment and flow of materials
- Ensure workers and equipment meet performance and safety requirements
- Watch for hiccups in the process, and look for opportunities to improve operations
- Implementing new technology to increase efficiency and productivity in the production process
- Program and calibrate machines to ensure quality and efficiency
- Hire, train, and assess the performance of workers
- Supervise staff and delegate tasks to employees
- Managing employee training to ensure that they are always using safe work practices and using the most efficient methods possible
- Establishing policies and procedures to ensure that manufacturing operations run smoothly and efficiently
- Communicate with other departments, such as the financial department to establish budgets, HR department to hire new workers, or the logistics department to ensure the delivery of products
Education and Certifications
- Prior Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing or engineering degree with manufacturing major.
- Technical certifications in manufacturing (e.g. Lean Manufacturing (Six Sigma), AutoCAD/CAM software, and Project Management)
4 years of prior experience comprising of combination of plant management and shop-floor manufacturing/Quality Assurance.
- Calibration and programming machines for optimized production
- Lean manufacturing – eliminating waste, building quality into the production process and delivering fast by managing flow
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Excellent team-building and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving and trouble-shooting for ensuring production runs smoothly.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to manage cross-functional team members
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other industry software
Salary & Benefits
Compensation: $ 77,260.00 (35 Hours/week)
Supplemental Health, Dental and Vision coverage
Within M1P 3A9 postal code
How to Apply
Onlt those applicants legally allowed to work in Canada AND meeting ALL indicated requirements above may apply with a detailed resume, employment references and cover letter by e-mail addressed to:
No views yet