Cook – Portuguese Cuisine
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The name King of the Pigs is translated from Rei dos Leitoes in Portuguese, which actually means King of the Piglets. In 1992, our Rei dos Leitoes, first opened its doors in London, Ontario. The Vieira family bought the restaurant in 2001 introducing it outside the Portuguese community, who then coined us as King of the Pigs. We are well known in the city of London, Ontario for our unique charcoal infused chicken and our very own signature sauces. Soon the restaurant became well known in the city for their unique charcoal infused chicken and their very own signature sauces. Our version of Piri Piri sauce became is now a must have with every order. The main style of our cuisine is churrasqueira, meaning an open flame BBQ. Today we use hard wood charcoal as the only source of fuel for cooking chickens, given it our unique flavours.
We are seeking an experienced full time cook for our restaurant familiar with Portuguese cooking and able to carry out the following duties:
- Prepare and cook full course meals, specializing in Portuguese-style BBQ chicken, Chourico meat dishes, fish, seafood, rice, soups and other regional-specific dishes
- Plan daily menus;
- Ensure quality of food and determine size of food proportions
- Estimate food requirements and costs
- Inspect kitchen and food service areas
- Order supplies and food ingredients
- Supervise kitchen helpers
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
- Clean kitchen and work areas
- Work with minimal supervision
- Daily, weekly & monthly reporting to Owner
Education & Experience:
To be a good fit for our full time cook position we are accepting applications from anyone with any authentic Portuguese restaurant management or cooking experience of at least three years or more. A minimum of a high school diploma, is required.
Fast-paced environment; repetitive tasks; attention to detail; standing for extended periods.
$20.00 per hour/full time/ 8 hour days
London, Ontario (706 Hamilton Rd).
How to ApplyHow to Apply: Please send us your resume by email to this job posting or email@example.com We will review and contact you for an interview. Due to the amount of applications we receive we will only contact those applicants with the experience and qualification best suited for the position. Thank you for your interest in working with us.
No views yet