Sewing Machine Operators Supervisor (NOC #9217)
Located in Vancouver, BC, Winner Sportswear Ltd. has been in the garment manufacturing industry since 1982. As one of the last remaining contract manufacturers, Winner has built a reputation for producing “Made in Canada” premium high-quality outerwear products for various brands such as Canada Goose, Quartz Co., Arc’teryx, Mountain Equipment Coop, REI, and Westcomb to name a few. Since COVID-19 our facility has pivoted to produce urgently needed PPE gowns for Health Canada and has delivered over 150,000 reusable gowns in 2020. Besides resuming our normal operations in producing outwear, we will continue building disposable gowns for Health Canada. Currently, we are looking for a full-time Sewing Machine Operators Supervisor to join our team.
Company operating name: Winner Sportswear Ltd.
Business address/location of work: 1223-5 Frances St., Vancouver BC V6A1Z4
Job title: Sewing Machine Operators Supervisor (NOC #9217)
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: $25 per hour
Terms of employment: This is a permanent full-time position
Language of work: English
The Sewing Machine Operators Supervisor will be responsible for supervising, coordinating and planning the daily activities and operations of the sewing machine operators, ensuring that the team is performing at a high productivity level and reaching daily quotas.
- Be responsible for the daily supervision of automatic template sewing machine operators;
- Review the factory loading schedule on a daily basis and plan production accordingly;
- Review the approved production sample and specifications before beginning production for each released purchase order;
- Calculate how many automatic sewing machine operators are required – based on 100% efficiency, per operation, and per style on orders cut and bundled in order to meet daily quotas;
- Assign the appropriate operators with matching skills to appropriate tasks;
- Be responsible for training and providing instruction to template sewing machine operators;
- Follow through with training for each operator to ensure they have a clear understanding of how to perform the operation with acceptable efficiency and quality;
- Coach and mentor template sewing machine operators and create action plans for improvement;
- Perform quality checks on each sewing machine operator;
- Regularly update operators on how many units per hour and per day is required for 100% efficiency;
- Report to the Production Manager on daily performance;
- Ensure all quality issues are being addressed and make corrections for improvement;
- Ensure a safe environment on the manufacturing floor;
- Prepare production and other reports as required.
Experience and Education:
- Completion of secondary school is required;
- College diploma in a related industry is an asset;
- Several months of sewing experience, preferably in apparel manufacturing industry is a strong asset.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Familiar with template sewing machine operations;
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment;
- Able to prioritize and operate proactively, handling issues in a calm manner;
- Must have leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Must be well organized and meticulous;
- Knowledge of pattern making is an asset;
- Operational programming skill on template sewing machine is an asset.
Contact Information: by email: email@example.com
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to the above email address. Please also indicate in your application whether you are legally authorized to work in Canada.
No views yet