Sales Representative (Wholesale)
- Manna International Trading Ltd. – Posted by Owner
- Port Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
- Job ID : 34637
- Category : Sales
- Job Type : Full-Time
- Salary : $23.08 Hourly
- Anticipated Start Date : As soon as possible
- Posting Date : 13 Oct 2021
- Expiry Date : 11 Apr 2022
Position: Sales Representative (Wholesale)
Work Hours: 30 hrs per week
Wage: $23.08 per hour ($34.62 overtime)
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Start date: ASAP
Benefits: Extended health benefit group insurance after a 6-month probationary period
Work Location: #150-1658 Industrial Ave. Port Coquitlam BC V3C 6N3
Manna International Trading Ltd.
Manna International Ltd. was founded in 1996 and has continuously grown in the food service industry. We are proud that we always provide fresh and healthy products to our customers in Vancouver, on the west coast of Canada. We value our customers as our family and they are the ones who make us exist in the market place. For that reason, we are always ready to give the best service to our customers.
The Sales Representative is responsible for managing all of his/her sales related activities, from lead generation to active client maintenance as well as maintaining distributor relations, within the assigned territory. Lead, motivate and retain a team of high performing employees and other duties include but are not limited to: developing and implementing a Business Plan which will meet both personal and business goals of expanding customer base in the marketing area; working within the sales and support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account goals in line with company vision and values.
Key duties and Responsibilities
- Direct, manage and develop a multi-level sales force capable of developing, growing and retaining accounts in the territory to ensure the achievement of sales and retention goals
- Plan, organize, direct and provide leadership to achieve the short and long term business growth and retention objectives
- Lead, motivate and retain a team of high performing employees
- Communicate key performance indicators and performance goals to employees
- Provide coaching to behaviors that help achieve success
- Model leadership behaviors that promote a culture of open communication, employee development and trust
- Accountability for driving sales
- Provide Training and Demonstrations to staff and customers
- Promote and develop Manna’s product line by taking previous knowledge of ingredients and production techniques, combined with acquired knowledge of Manna’s products, and introduce to others in the form of demos, classes, etc.
- On occasion; ability to work flexible hours including weekends and overtime when necessary
- Submit & discuss weekly & monthly Sales activity & reports to General Manager
- Demonstrate technical selling skills and extensive product knowledge while managing accounts in assigned territory
- Develop and implement monthly business plan in conjunction with General Manager, detailing leads and customer retention during the time period, while focusing on ways to meet or exceed sales quota goals
- Participation in trade shows and conventions
- Identify prospective customers by using business directories, following leads, attending trade shows and conferences, etc.
- Create and conduct effective proposal presentations and identify prospects, business problems, the effects of the problems, and solutions to their problems, etc.
- Develop a database of qualified leads through referrals, telephone canvassing, face to face cold calling on business owners, direct mail, email, and networking
- Provide support to colleagues and to existing customer base
- Monitor market conditions, product success, competitor’s products, sales and prices to be able to best suggest improvements to prospects and clients for each of their business needs
- Gather and submit detailed business information such as price quotes, estimates, credit/contract terms, delivery dates, etc.
- Work with various departments to provide customers with product samples, catalogs, etc.
- Maintain accurate records and reports of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities, including the use of Microsoft Outlook to maintain accurate records to maximize territory potential
- Continuously communicate with clients in the market to ensure high levels of client satisfaction and answer questions pertaining to products and their uses, prices, availability
- Recommend products to customers based on their needs and interests
- Demonstrate the ability to interact and maintain professional internal and external relationships with all co-workers, business owners, vendors, clients and potential clients
- Maximize all opportunities in the process of closing a sale, including continued support to resolve issues after the close
Requirements/Education and other requirements
- A university degree or college diploma is required
- 1-2 years’ Sales experience in the food wholesale industry, preferable frozen seafood and vegetables
- Knowledge or experience using sales skills related to the products or service
- Organized, self-disciplined, motivated and able to work independently
- Interpersonal communication skills
- A strong commitment to a team culture, positive attitude
- Valid Driver’s License may be required
- Extensive travel is required
- Previous experience & skilled in MS Office programs & Outlook
- Must be able to independently research, analyze, organize and prioritize work
- Trustworthy, reliable, value others
- Decisive and empowered
- Communicate effectively both written and orally
- Passionate about food, foster innovation
- Problem solves creatively
How to ApplyDue to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Sales Representative (Wholesale)” in the subject line.
No views yet