Groom – Horse Race Track
- Viking Stables Inc. – Posted by email@example.com
- Innisfree, Alberta, Canada
- Job ID : 6610
- Category : General Labour
- Job Type : Full-Time
- Salary : $17.50 Hourly
- Anticipated Start Date : As soon as possible
- Posting Date : 20 Oct 2019
- Expiry Date : 19 Oct 2020
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Viking Stables Inc.
is in need of Groom – Horse Race Track
NOC CODE: 6563
EMPLOYMENT TERMS: Full Time – Permanent
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Care and tend to horses
• Feed horses daily. Feeding program includes: knowledge of supplements, vitamins, additives and problem dosage of all of the above. Feeding also includes ability to adjust feeding programs for individual horses and/or situations.
• Monitor and document animal behaviour in regards to disease and health problems
• Set and monitor water lines, air flow and temperature in barns, pens and stables
• Feed hay and fill water pails at least twice a day
• Handle stud and assist in the breeding program
• Care for breeding mares and foals
• Apply ice boots, Electric blankets, or other therapeutic devices on horses
• Place standing bandages, including but not limited to: Spider bandages, sweating of legs, Poultice, etc.
• Groom horses extensively. Pick feet, brush, pull manes, clean sheaths
• Keep records of Lasix administration or other medication from the veterinarian
• Put horses on hot-walkers and maintenance of hot-walkers
• Clean stalls on a daily basis. Knowledge of proper amounts of bedding and proper sanitation is essential.
• Clean water pails, feed tubs, webbings and stall chains daily
• Maintain a clean workspace in and around the farm, including but not limited to, stables, barns, barnyards and pens
• Sweep, shovel, or perform other related farm duties as required
WORKING HOURS: 40 hours per week; Hours of work are based on daily needs of horses at the farm or operation requirements and race schedules; 1 day off per week on varied days
WAGE/BENEFITS: $17.50/hour + Vision and Dental benefits from Horsemen’s Benevolent Protective Association of Alberta after 3 months of employment
1. 49013 Highway 870 Box 67, Innisfree, AB, Canada T0B 2G0 (Primary location)
2. Century Mile Racetrack and Casino, 4711 Airport Perimeter Rd, Edmonton International Airport, AB, Canada T9E 0V6
3. Century Downs Racetrack and Casino, 260 Century Downs Drive, Rocky View County, AB, Canada T4A 0V5
• Education: No formal education is required
• Work Experience: At least 1 year of experience in handling thoroughbred horses on farm and in racetrack is required
• In-depth knowledge of general horse health is required.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs. repeatedly.
• Ability to deal with stressful situations and work under pressure, make decisions based on experience to contact veterinarian or trainer in an emergency
• Knowledge on equine anatomy is an asset
• Must have real desire to work with horses
How to Apply: E-mail resume
Employer: Viking Stables Inc.
No views yet