Production Roaster Supervisor
Oughtred Coffee & Tea Ltd. roasts and manufactures the highest quality coffee for our customers across Canada and the USA and act as wholesale suppliers of tea, syrups, milk alternatives and other allied products. Reporting to the Director of Manufacturing – the Production Roaster Supervisor (PRS) is responsible for managing all of the day-to-day roasting at the Oughtred Roasting Works including all preventative maintenance and cleaning of the Roasting Equipment. The PRS will also ensure the quality control systems are both updated and adhered to, roasting coffees according to GMP guidelines as well as the helping lead and develop other employees that work at the Roasting Works.
- Position: Production Roaster Supervisor
- Work Hours: 40 hrs per week
- Wage: $23.65 per hour
- Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Start date: ASAP
- Benefits: Disability Insurance, Dental Insurance, Extended Medical Insurance, 4% vacation pay
- Work Location: 140-10050 River Way, Delta, BC, V4G 1M9, Canada
Key duties and Responsibilities
- Implementation of dress code and code of conduct
- Responsible for QC on roasted coffee
- Responsible for reporting all errors made within the roasting department
- Understanding of GMP and HACCP to ensure adherence to company’s safety policies
- Ability and knowledge to perform all aspects of QC
- Conduct the day-to-day roasting activities and help out in other areas when needed
- Update and maintain all roasting curves within Cropster
- Work with Director of Manufacturing on creating new Profiles for coffees and blends.
- Responsible for keeping all data updated and accurate within Cropster
- Operation of degas silo and de stoners
- Roller mill and control panel operation
- Able to start up production and shut down production, including plant lockdown
- Capable of keeping production flow going unassisted
- Prepare production schedule each day and work closely with packaging department
- Suggest changes to policy and practices through submissions of recommendations to Oughtred Management for consideration
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule activities of workers
Requirements/Education and other requirements
- Completion of secondary school
- At least 2 years of experience working in coffee processing industry.
- Certificate in related field a plus.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
No views yet