- Devron Sales Ltd. – Posted by firstname.lastname@example.org
- Welland, Ontario, Canada
- Job ID : 10156
- Category :
- Job Type : Full-Time
- Salary : $21.25 Hourly
- Anticipated Start Date : 2020-03-31
- Posting Date : 31 Mar 2020
- Expiry Date : 31 Mar 2021
Employer: Devron Sales Ltd.
Position: Horticultural Technician
Duration: Full Time
Location: 412 Enterprise Drive, Welland, ON, Canada, L3B 6H8
Salary: $21.25 per hour. The gross salary paid is subject to applicable Federal and Provincial income taxes and other statutory deductions.
Other benefits: None; Other than normal employer EI and CPP contributions
Vacation: 4% of the gross salary
Hours of Work: 40.0-44.0 Hours a week.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities
• Plant propagation, transplanting, training, pruning and maintenance of crop.
• Watering the plants according to plant requirements based on plant stage, weather conditions and season. Hand watering when required.
• Crop fertilization according to nutrient requirements, operating and calibrating the fertilizer injection equipment and preparation of fertilizer stock solution.
• Crop scouting for insect- pests and diseases, their control by using Integrated Pest Management techniques.
• Mixing, application and storage of pesticides and fertilizers by following all the safety measures.
• Checking the EC and pH of growing media and irrigation water at regular intervals.
• Monitoring and adjusting the greenhouse environment according to plant needs by using computerized environmental control equipment (Priva Operating System).
• Keeping the records of pesticides, fertilizers and crop scouting reports.
• Following all the required health and safety rules and regulations strictly.
• Discussion with the Supervisor about IPM strategies and crop health on daily basis.
• Recycling the waste materials and maintaining the sanitation and cleanliness in greenhouse.
Specific Job Requirements
• Completion of a university or college level program in horticulture technology or related field is required.
• 1- 2 years growing experience in greenhouse/ nursery is required.
• Basic knowledge of common greenhouse/ nursery pests and Integrated Pest Management.
• Must be able to organize, plan, control, direct and coordinate crop care and maintenance related activities.
• Should have good proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and good knowledge about Priva Operating System.
• Ability to work both independently and in conjunction with other staff.
• Must possess the ability to work in cold, hot and humid greenhouse environments, walking and standing throughout the day.
• Requires good verbal and written communication skills in English
How to ApplyBy emailing to: email@example.com
No views yet