Field Service Technician
AgriTeks is seeking a full-time Field Service Technician to service colour sorting, fruit packing, and fruit processing equipment in the Fraser Valley region. Based in Langley, BC, we have been servicing the fruit and vegetable processing and packing industry since 2007. Our product lines are found in several industries, including Blueberry, Tomato, Cranberry, Cherry, and various other fruit and vegetable industries.
We are looking for a self-starter to deliver the desired customer service experience as a Field Service Technician. This position is customer facing and a qualified individual must be able to interact effectively with existing customers and potential future customers in a manner that is positive and confident.
- Position: Field Service Technician
- Work Hours: 40 hrs. per week
- Wage: $25.00 per hour
- Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Start date: ASAP
- Benefits: 4% vacation pay
- Work Location: reporting to main office located in Langley, BC.
Key duties and Responsibilities
- Adjust, repair or replace mechanical or electrical system parts and components using hand tools and equipment for colour sorting, fruit packing, and fruit processing equipment
- Troubleshoot, test, repair and service various technical and mechanical equipment
- Inspect and test engines and other mechanical components using test devices to diagnose errors and technical problems to determine solutions for various equipment
- Repair or replace mechanical units or components using hand and power tools
- Test and adjust units to specifications for proper performance
- Perform scheduled maintenance service and provide ongoing high quality technical support and proactive maintenance during field visits and service calls
- Determine estimates of repair cost.
- Comprehend customer requirements and make appropriate recommendations
- Effective communication to achieve and maintain the highest levels of customer satisfaction
- Work in a shop environment, repairing and refurbishing colour sorters outside the peak
- Review and document detailed service reports, submitting them in a timely manner
- Managing time and resources in both a team and an independent work environment
- Ongoing communication with the technical team and sharing information across the organization
Requirements/Education and other requirements
- Completion of secondary school is required
- At least 3 years of experience working in related field required
- Technical degree or certification in either automotive, industrial, or electro-mechanical industries are an asset
- Organized, self-disciplined, motivated and able to work independently
- Interpersonal communication skills, communicate effectively both written and orally
- A strong commitment to team culture, positive attitude
- Strong work ethic and a track record of personal and professional growth
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word/Excel and understanding of basic electronics preferred
- Must be able to lift 80lbs
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No views yet