LOULA’S TAVERNA located at 1608 Commercial Drive, Vancouver is looking for a Sous Chef with experience in Greek/Mediterranean cuisine to join our team. The restaurant will be opening June/July 2021 and open 7 days a week from 4 pm to 11 pm.
DESCRIPTION OF ROLE:
The Sous Chef works alongside the head chef to manage daily kitchen activities, including supervising staff, preparing menus, maintaining utmost food quality and freshness and handling inventory, ordering and stocking.
SOUS CHEF DUTIES:
· Helps lead kitchen team
· Trains, supervises, and mentors junior kitchen team members, including, but not limited, to preparing, cooking and presentation of food
· Oversees and organizes inventory and ensures food products are rotated and properly dated for quality assurance and freshness
· Keeps cooking stations stocked, especially before and during prime operation hours.
· Manages food and product ordering and promotes waste reduction
· Supervises all food preparation and presentation to ensure quality and restaurant standards.
· Assists with menu creation
· Culinary Arts or Chef Training Diploma
· 2-3 years of related culinary experience
· Experience with Greek/Mediterranean cuisine
· Experience supervising and training staff
· Ability to work under pressure
Salary: $48,000.00 per year
Hours of Work: 40 hours
Type: Full-time, Permanent
Language of Work: English
How to Apply
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your resume clearly explaining your experience to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Sous-Chef Application” in the subject line
Name: Loula’s Taverna
Business Address/Location of Work: 1608 Commercial Drive, Vancouver, BC V5L 3Y4
No views yet