DIRECTOR-BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT, SALES & MARKETING
- GALLOPS WASTE MANAGEMENT INC – Posted by Gallopsinc
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Job ID : 15977
- Category : Business Development
- Job Type : Full-Time
- Salary : $ Annually
- Anticipated Start Date : 2021-02-01
- Posting Date : 21 Nov 2020
- Expiry Date : 21 Nov 2021
GALLOPS Waste Management Inc.(GWMI) is a Toronto, Ontario – based recycled paper exporter and importer of paper products and currently serves both the national and international market (focusing on the South Asian markets). The wide product range of GALLOPS Canada covers paper materials products and waste recycling, trading and logistics.
GWMI is soliciting applicants legally allowed to work in Canada towards recruiting a passionate Director – Business Development, Sales & Marketing who can perform tasks locally in Canada and across international geographies, with special focus on South Asian markets. In the three short years since inception, the company has secured an impressive annual turnover of approximately $4 Million and targets doubling the turnover by 2023.
This position will primarily be responsible for; a) growing the customer base by developing new market opportunities in Ontario by expanding the raw material supplier base and alongside, b) expand the sale volumes of its range of paper products to paper and pulp mills in Canada, and, c) increasing the company’s footprint in South Asia and potentially other countries in Asia. The position will strengthen relationships with existing customers while with forging new business relationships.
This is a mid-senior level position and will head-up the indicated functions. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the up – and down-stream operations of paper recycling business with a strong focus on commercials and past experience of developing sales relationships in the South Asian market will be an asset. The success in this role will require an extensive experience with B2B deals, proven track record (of at least5 years of which at leat 2 years in a senior leadership role) in this industry with new business development and sales.
This position is responsible for new business development and operations by developing; a) sourcing from Canadian recycling market; b) international buyers / trading arrangements, and c) implementing successful supply-demand strategies for GWMI. The overall objective is to increase our Canadian business by developing international markets for Canadian recycling waste (current focus on strengthening Indian and Sri Lankan markets with potential scope to cover other Asian markets). This individual must be self-motivated, independent and able to make compelling business case to win board ratification in order to achieve our business objectives.
The successful candidate for this role will demonstrate a vision, strategic planning, excellent analytical thinking, networking tenure, negotiating skills, and regulatory understanding as it relates to Canada and countries in South Asia, and sales supported with superior communication and interpersonal abilities.
This position will require the successful applicant to be the lead for developing business relationships, selling waste and recycling solutions to businesses in Canada as well as overseas and help increase their diversion and savings. In so doing, the successful candidate willl be the international face of GWMI.
You are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident based in Canada. You will serve as the primary contact for the decision-makers and lead functions along the value chain through close coordination with purchasing , finance and logistics. You will share time between the office developing / prospecting new customers and developing market intelligence, setting up meetings with supplier and customers, and traveling internationally to help attain the turnover objective by 2023.
Position Duties: This position will be responsible for generating multiple leads in Ontario and various international markets, with the objective of securing new commercial waste and recycling consulting/broker contracts on behalf of GWMI.
• Advise the board of the strategies to meet the company’s turnover goals over the next 3 years
• Business development and identifying significant sales pipeline for recyclable waste products originating in Canada to meet and surpass monthly forecast and yearly corporate budget projections.
• Negotiate competitive contracts with supplier and customers
• Incorporate a high-level sales strategy that is based on relationships, face-to-face meetings and presentations with current customers and prospects.
• Identify product- supply gaps, create value added solutions, and develop relationships that build long term contracts with Ontario and international customers across South Asia, with an eye on tapping the potential in wider Asian market.
• Be the point-person for Vendor Management, Business Development and Operational functions.
• Expand and/or develop business development and operations teams to support international client base of Gallop WM Inc.
• Cultivate relationships with prospective new clients in international markets for Canadian recycling products
• Solid understanding of evolving regulatory environment and jurisdictional demand for recycling products in Canada and South Asian markets.
• Create a field sales force and marketing team for Ontario and international markets
• Conduct business development and execute business strategies to develop new market channels
• Assist with branding and introducing new products to client markets
• Research to analyze competitor products and services
Qualifications / Work Experience/Skills
Be a Canadian citizen/permanent resident of Canada
• Minimum of five years experience in the industry dealing with like paper products, out of which at least two years in a senior management capacity. Alternatively, the experience may also be acquired through active management as an owner of a similar paper waste management/recycling business at least 5 years.
• Sound knowledge of South Asian recycling waste management markets and networks, the recycling industry including online key regulatory requirements for different range of waste management / recycling products originating in Canada.
• Self-motivated and success-driven business development a minimum of 5years in developing marketing and value-added services in international, specifically South Asian markets.
• In previous roles, led the negotiation of at least one verifiable paper waste management contract for a Canadian parent company (contract value upwards of $1.5million).
• Demonstrated collaboration across business development, marketing, sales and product development departments on the creation of competitive concept proposals.
• Demonstrable industry experience of:
– working with various Canadian recycling streams and finding international consumption channels in South Asian geographies;
– establishing relationship with regulators and government agencies; industry associations in South Asia;
– Developed new product lines based on detailed and documented insights of market and client needs;
– Prospected for potential new clients and turned them into increased avenues of business; and
– developed market intelligence and feedback on the market, industry, and competitors’ developments.
• Superior Communication skills in English
• South Asian cultural familiarity and knowledge of Tamil, although not mandatory, are definite asses,;
• Superior organizational ability and time management skills;
• Computer Skills – Familiar with both Mac and PC operating systems, Microsoft Applications including PowerPoint, Word and an above average utilization of Excel and CRM software;
• Strong sales experience in B2B and relationship-based deal making;
• Relationship-building skills:
• Capable of building and perpetuating profitable business partnerships and relationships which promote long-term success;
• Proven track record in prospecting, qualifying and closing accounts
• Ability to provide dynamic presentations and overcome objections;
• Self-starting with a winning attitude and team spirit;
• Strong negotiation skills and high emotional intelligence
• Bachelor in Engineering or Business or related fields.
How to ApplyOnly Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents may apply. Applications will be accepted by e-mail at: email@example.com
No views yet