Cook (Lake country)
- Okanagan Good Food Inc o/a A&W – Posted by IIBC
- Job ID : 42746
- Category : Cook
- Job Type : Full-Time
- Salary : $16.50 Hourly
- Anticipated Start Date : As soon as possible
- Posting Date : 07 Jan 2022
- Expiry Date : 06 Jul 2022
The Company Operating Name: Okanagan Good Food Inc O/A A&W
Title of Position: Cook
Business Address: Lake Country #101 9685 Hwy 97, Lake Country BC V4V 1P5
No# of Positions: 3
Terms of Employment: 2 years permanent
Language Requirement(s): English
Wage: $16.50 per hour
Benefits Package (if applicable): Medical/Dental Benefit which comprises of Pharmaceuticals, Hospital Care, Paramedical, Medical Equipment, Travel, Vision care, Basic and Optional Life, along with an optional Group RSP.
Hours (each week):
Location of work: Lake Country #101 9685 Hwy 97, Lake Country BC V4V 1P5
Education: Secondary School
Work Experience: Minimum 3 years of commercial cooking experience or Completion of college or other program in cooking
- Maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas, paying attention specifically to the correct handling of raw proteins, such as beef, pork, eggs, chicken, fish.
- Clean food preparation areas, cooking surfaces, and utensils.
- Verify that prepared food meets requirements for food safety, quality and quantity.
- Cook and package batches of food, such as eggs, sausages, bacon, hamburgers, chicken, fish, french fries, and Onion Rings.
- Prepare foods following specific methods that usually require short preparation time.
- Operate large-volume cooking equipment such as grills and deep-fat fryers.
- Read food order monitors or receive verbal instructions as to food required by guest and prepare and cook food according to instructions.
- Measure ingredients required for specific food items being prepared.
- Clean, stock, and restock workstations.
- Cook the exact number of items ordered by each customer, working on several different orders simultaneously.
- Wash, cut, and prepare foods designated for cooking or for assembly of final product.
- Schedule activities and equipment use with managers, using information about daily volume to help coordinate cooking times.
- Receive delivery of supplies.
- Train and transfer skills to junior team members.
- Have a ready smile and a warm personality
- Have a passion for guest service and creating exceptional guest experiences
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Have excellent communication skills
- Enjoy learning new things
What we can offer you:
- A flexible working schedule
- Employee discounts
- Great training and transferable skills
- Opportunities for advancement
- Full range of medical and dental benefits
-By email to HR-MCM-BC@outlook.com (Subject Line or Email Body should include: Cook -Lake Country)
-By mail to A&W McMurray Group, 2739 30th St., Vernon, BC, V1T 5C6.
-by fax: 250-275-6707 For further information regarding this posting, or others, please call 250-275-6706 x322 during business hours. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for assessments and interviews
We encourage everyone to apply including but not limited to immigrants, aboriginals and youth to apply for the job. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
No views yet