- Rising Star Learning (Brentwood) Ltd. – Posted by Owner
- Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
- Job ID : 28757
- Category : Cook
- Job Type : Full-Time
- Salary : $16.00-18.00 Hourly
- Anticipated Start Date : As soon as possible
- Posting Date : 27 Jul 2021
- Expiry Date : 23 Jan 2022
Number of job vacancies: 1
Working Hours: 37.5hrs per week
Wage: $16.00 – $18.00 per hour
Benefits: Extended health benefits after 6 month probation
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Address: LM 100 – 4664 Lougheed Hwy, Burnaby, BC V5C 5T5
Rising Star Learning (Brentwood) Ltd. is a world leader in early learning education for children ages 1-5. We are recruiting for an experienced Cook.
- Responsible for cooking and preparing the predetermined menu and substituting any meals for children with sensitivities or dietary restrictions. All substitutions will require approval, and they must meet the same nutritional value.
- Prepare Halal meals and snacks in proper portions, cut to safe sizes, for all groups, liaising with in-room educators to ensure portion sizes are correct
- Preparing all meals in accordance with all health regulations, and ensuring food is properly cooked.
- Adhere to ingredients, measurements, and cooking methods as stated on the recipes to meet the nutritional requirements.
- Check the menu for the next day and ensure the meat is transferred to the fridge for thawing and supplies necessary to fulfill the menu are on hand.
- Plan & prepare special meals for events
- Wash and sanitize dishes, kitchen utensils, and equipment, etc.
Education & Requirements:
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Completion of a three-year apprenticeship program for cooks or Completion of college or other program in cooking or Several years of commercial cooking experience are required.
How to ApplyDue to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Cook” in the subject line.
No views yet