Building Services Assistant
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Compensation: $19 – $21 per hour
Benefits: Extended benefits plan; pension plan; paid sick days; three weeks paid leave to start.
Driven by a passion to serve its audiences in bold and innovative ways, Gateway Theatre enriches the quality of life in Richmond and surrounding communities by creating outstanding artistic offerings and by serving as a dynamic hub for the performing arts. To achieve our organizational mission and connect with the changing population of Richmond, we employ staff with eclectic and multifaceted expertise. As a group we take risks, we empower, we go beyond, we listen. We embrace difference as something that challenges our understanding and provokes our growth. So, if you won’t settle for the expected, you have found your crew.
The successful candidate will be required to perform janitorial work in the cleaning and minor maintenance of Gateway Theatre ensuring the facility is clean and safe for public and staff use. These janitorial duties are performed under the supervision of and are subject to review by the Building Services Supervisor.
*For the right candidate, there may be some flexibility regarding schedule to pro-rate the position and compensation to 30 hours per week, if that is their preference.
Responsibilities will include:
- Cleaning of, but not limited to, Gateway Theatre including main stage, studios, lobbies, office spaces, washrooms, dressing rooms, and common areas.
- Setting up and taking down of event equipment including tables and chairs.
- Liaising with external contractors and/or trades workers including the City of Richmond.
- Maintaining effective oral and written communications.
- Operating and maintaining powered cleaning equipment.
- Completing inventory, ordering and distributing of supplies throughout the facility.
- Identifying maintenance problems and reporting work required.
- Completing minor maintenance (changing light bulbs, unclogging toilets, etc.).
- Opening and closing of facility.
- Other related duties as required.
Experience, Qualifications & Attributes:
Candidates with relevant, transferable skills who do not exactly meet the below are encouraged to apply.
- Experience in cleaning methods, materials, tools and equipment used in janitorial work including hazards and safe practices.
- Knowledge of and ability to use computer applications such as email, MS Word, Excel and web browsers.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to deal courteously and effectively with co-workers and the public.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Successful completion of a recognized Building Service Worker course
- WHMIS Certificate.
- Legally able to work in Canada (Canadian citizenship, permanent residency or existing open work permit)
- Proof of two doses of a Health Canada-approved COVID-19 vaccination before the first day of work
- Successful Criminal Record Check including vulnerable sector check.
Gateway Theatre strives to be an equitable and inclusive workplace. We value an open and diverse community that fosters the inclusion of many different voices. We encourage applications from members of communities that have been marginalized based on sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, or identity as an Indigenous person. We welcome self-identification in your application. Please also note any accommodations or accessibility requirements in your cover letter.
How to ApplyTo apply, please send a resume and cover letter outlining your suitability for the position to Samara Van Nostrand email@example.com Application Deadline 5pm Friday September 30, 2022. We thank all applicants, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
No views yet