Vice President HR
The Vice President Human Resources plays a critical role in ACA EMERGENCY RESPONSE TRAINING INC. Executive team, ensuring that HR goals, policies, procedures, and programs support our organization’s mission, vision, and values. As the top HR Leader across ACA EMERGENCY RESPONSE TRAINING INC divisions, this individual will be accountable for all aspects of the Human Resources function including Employee Relations, Total Rewards, Learning and Development, Organizational Development, Labor Relations, Performance Management, Compliance and Reporting, Technology and Administration. In this highly visible and dynamic role, the ideal candidate will bring the following personal and professional characteristics:
- Continuously monitor and assess the state of HR technology and it’s fit within ACA EMERGENCY RESPONSE TRAINING INC overall IT applications landscape. Propose and make strategic adjustments if needed.
- Review and approve compensation/benefits programs, in alignment with ACA EMERGENCY RESPONSE TRAINING INC overall business strategy. Navigate the processes of labour market positioning, shaping of compensation structure and design, pay grading system, and organizational planning.
- Empower company middle management through specifically designed programs, to utilize diverse leadership techniques: performance management/talent evaluation, conflict resolution, team building, employee development, roles and responsibility, individual accountability, resource planning, and others.
- In conjunction with the HR Team, lead the talent/succession planning process to drive a culture of employee development, workforce planning and improved succession readiness.
- Oversee the development of, and approve periodic updates to organization-wide policies, procedures, and manuals.
- Implement and oversee employee engagement programs and initiatives, aimed at sustaining a culture of productive
- Plan, develop, implement and evaluate human resources policies and programs
- Establish financial and administrative controls; formulate and approve promotional campaigns; and approve overall human resources planning.
- Identify human resources requirements
- Represent the organization, or delegate representatives to act on behalf of the organization, in negotiations or other official functions.
- Select middle managers, directors or other executive staff; delegate the necessary authority to them and create optimum working conditions.
- Authorize and organize the establishment of major departments and associated senior staff positions
- Allocate material, human and financial resources to implement organizational policies and programs, Co-ordinate the work of regions, divisions or departments
- Establish objectives for the organization and formulate or approve policies and programs
- Perform human resources related duties such as personnel selection, Administer budget
- Recommend personnel actions such as hiring and promotions
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree is considered an asset
- Membership of HRPA or other governing professional body desired
- 10-15 years of progressive experience in diverse HR disciplines
- Experience in multi-site HR functional leadership
- Solid experience within a unionized environment
- Excellent communication, software technology literacy, employment law, negotiation and mediation, project management, conflict management, critical thinking, coaching, interpersonal skills, action oriented, time management, problem solving
- Proficient English business communications is required.
No views yet