NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
This position requires a working knowledge of pharmaceutical drugs, common diseases; their symptoms, means of transmission, treatment and prevention, and other basic preventative health care recommendations.
The successful candidate will have solid technical skills, excellent attention to detail, strong customer service, and problem-solving abilities.
The ideal candidate would have previous experience in a small animal clinic, although new graduates and students are welcome to apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in multiple procedures providing care for animals including physical examinations, dental and x-ray procedures, surgeries, immunizations, euthanasia, as well as client education, and inventory maintenance;
- Work with all organizational departments to promote excellent care to our patients and excellent customer service to our clients;
- Collect specimens and perform routine laboratory procedures and tests in hematology, biochemistry, chemistry, microbiology, urinalysis, and serology to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of animal health problems;
- Monitor and assist surgical anesthetics;
- Place the patient on the exam table and prepare for the doctor to enter the room. Obtain basic information (weight, temperature, etc) on the pet;
- Ensure all procedures rendered during the visit are documented for proper billing. Ensure that all vaccinations, procedures, notes, etc have been documented in the medical record;
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate should have:
- College diploma in Veterinary Technician; or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years experience in small animal clinic;
- Registered veterinary technician is an asset, but not required;
- Knowledge of the instruments, materials, and standardized procedures used in the full variety of treatments to make preparations and provide “tableside” assistance.;
- Familiarity with Xray and ultrasound required,
- Familiarity with surgeries and anesthesia is preferred,
- Confidence in reviewing medical history, performing TPRs, and client education;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks and accept direction on given assignments.
Expected hours of work
- 9 hour Shifts Monday – Thursday, 7 hour Shift Friday
- Overtime may be required
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $20.00 per hour
How to Apply
Please applywith your cover letter, resume and references or via email to Chantalle email@example.com
Staples Animal Hospital is committed to employment equity and welcomes diversity. If you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please contact us and we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No views yet