Long Haul Truck Driver
- Giant Logistics Inc. – Posted by Employer
- Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
- Job ID : 41966
- Category : Other
- Job Type : Full-Time
- Salary : $27.20 Hourly
- Anticipated Start Date : As soon as possible
- Posting Date : 28 Dec 2021
- Expiry Date : 28 Dec 2022
Giant Logistics Inc.
Long Haul Truck Driver
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Working Hours– 40 Hours per week
Total Vacancies: 3
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Experience: 0 to 6 months experience with Class 1 or A License or equivalent
Business Address: 12473-75A Avenue, Surrey, BC, V3W 0M3, Canada
Job Location(s): Various Job locations across Canada & USA
NOC Group: Truck Drivers (7511)
NOC Job Title: Long Haul Truck Driver
This Company is currently hiring 3 full-time permanent Long Haul Truck Drivers to join their team as soon as possible.
- Operate and drive straight or semi-truck (trailer), weighing 40,000- 47,000 kg with three or more axles, to transport goods and materials to destinations.
- Plan trip logistics and obtain required documentation to transport goods
- Perform preventative maintenance and perform emergency roadside repairs.
- Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection of vehicle systems, equipment and accessories such as tires, lights and turning signals, brakes and cold storage
- Oversee all aspects of vehicles, such as the condition of equipment, loading and unloading and safety and security of cargo.
- Record cargo information, distance travelled, fuel consumption and other information in the log book.
- May drive single or as part of a two-person team.
- Communicate with dispatcher and clients,
- Read road maps for directions, etc.
Type of travel: Long haul, national, Provincial/Territorial
Credentials (certificates, licenses, memberships, courses, etc.): Class 1 or A and Air Brake (Z) Endorsement
Documentation Knowledge: Driver logbook, bill of lading, inspection report (pre-trip. en-route, post-trip), trans-border documentation, maintenance and repair reports, trip reports.
Transportation/ Travel Information:
Willing to travel cross-border, willing to travel for extended periods (at least 2-4 days away from home), willing to travel overnight, willing to drive as a team.
How to Apply:
How to Apply
No views yet