Giant Logistics Inc.
Long Haul Truck Driver
Hours: 50 hours/ Week, Overtime paid after 60 hours per week.
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Total Vacancies: 10
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Experience: No experience required with Class 1 or A License or equivalent, On the job training will be provided.
Business Address: Unit E, 12210 86 Ave SURREY, BC V3W 3H7, Canada
Job Location(s): Various Job locations across Canada & USA
NOC Group: Truck Drivers (7511)
NOC Job Title: Long Haul Truck Driver
This Company is currently hiring 10 full-time permanent Long Haul Truck Drivers to join their team as soon as possible.
• Operate and drive straight or semi-truck (trailer), weighing 40,000- 47,000 kg with three or more axles, to transport goods and materials to destinations.
• Plan trip logistics and obtain required documentation to transport goods
• Perform preventative maintenance and perform emergency roadside repairs.
• Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection of vehicle systems, equipment and accessories such as tires, lights and turning signals, brakes and cold storage
• Oversee all aspects of vehicles, such as the condition of equipment, loading and unloading and safety and security of cargo.
• Record cargo information, distance travelled, fuel consumption and other information in the log book.
• May drive single or as part of a two-person team.
• Communicate with dispatcher and clients,
• Read road maps for directions, etc.
Type of travel: Long haul, national, Provincial/Territorial
Credentials (certificates, licenses, memberships, courses, etc.): Class 1 or A and Air Brake (Z) Endorsement
Documentation Knowledge: Driver logbook, bill of lading, inspection report (pre-trip. en-route, post-trip), trans-border documentation, maintenance and repair reports, trip reports.
Transportation/ Travel Information:
Willing to travel cross-border, willing to travel for extended periods (at least 2-4 days away from home), willing to travel overnight, willing to drive as a team.
How to Apply:
How to Apply
No views yet