Transportation Logistics Co-Ordinator
ExFlex Transport is located at 394 Deerhurst Drive, Brampton, ON L6T 5H9. The company handles dedicated runs as well as one-time deliveries. Our team of professional drivers deliver products in a safe, efficient and cost-efficient manner. ExFlex Transport offers full load services, LTL services, shunting and yard management including security services to meet the needs of our customers in Canada and USA. Our dispatch operations are open 24/7, 365 days a year. We can accommodate any kind of rush pickup and delivery at short notice and we have a lot of experienced drivers and trailers which allow us to meet all level of demand. For more information about the company, please refer to our website at www.exflextransport.com
Our company is expanding and requires a transportation logistics co-ordinator who would be able to supervise long-haul truck drivers, including drivers that handle freight that falls under transportation of Dangerous Goods.
ExFlex Transport is seeking an energetic, extremely organized and highly reliable Transportation Logistics Co-Ordinator for a permanent, full-time position.
- High school certificate is required
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience in transportation industry
- Ability to supervise between 5 to 10 transport operators
- Knowledge of electronic scheduler, MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Windows
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, work under pressure, and able to meet tight dead-lines; demonstrate initiative and judgement, be highly organized, accurate, flexible, with excellent written and oral communication skills and effective interpersonal skills; be client focused, team player, and be extremely reliable
- Criminal record check, Driving record check (abstract)
- Cellular phone
- Valid driver’s licence
- Demonstrate initiative, judgement, be organized, accurate and flexible, have excellent written and oral communication skills, effective interpersonal skills, be client focused, team player, and reliable
- Willing to relocate
- Certification or experience in Transporting Dangerous Goods
Responsibilities and duties
As our transportation logistics co-ordinator, you would:
- Supervise between 5 to 10 transport operators
- Co-ordinate, assign and review the work of drivers and to establish and maintain transportation route and crew scheduling
- Establish work schedules and procedures
- Co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments
- Ensure smooth operation of computer equipment and machinery
- Arrange for maintenance and repair work
- Resolve work related problems
- Recruit, hire staff and arrange training for drivers
- Train drivers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Plan, organize and oversee operational logistics of the company, and co-ordinate activities with other supply-chain work units or departments
- Co-ordinate, assign and review work
- Schedule transportation crews and routes and other related activities
- Prepare and submit reports, requisition or order materials, equipment and supplies
- Ensure transport compliance with regulations as per the transport operations
- Ensure overall safety operations as per compliance requirements, including transportation of dangerous goods
Hours and Wages
This is a permanent, full-time position, between 40 to 44 hours per week, from 6:00 a.m. till 2:00 p.m. from Monday to Friday, and from 6:00 a.m. till 2:00 p.m. every second Saturday and alternating Sundays. Occasional overtime might be required. Salary is $25.00 per hour. Travel expenses not paid by employer; public transportation is available.
How to Apply
How to Apply
All interested applicants can forward their resume through this website.
We understand that most applicants may not have all of the required skills; however, preference will be given to candidates who are readily available and are the strongest matches with the job description.
No views yet