- Railtown Café & Catering – Posted by HR_Canada
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Job ID : 66097
- Category : Food Services
- Job Type : Full-Time
- Salary : $20 Hourly
- Anticipated Start Date : 2022-08-24
- Posting Date : 24 Aug 2022
- Expiry Date : 24 Aug 2023
Railtown Café & Catering in Vancouver BC is looking for experienced Sous Chef
Position: Sous Chef, Full-Time, Permanent
Wages and working hours: $20 per hour, 30~40 hrs. per week
Benefit: Dental and Extended health medical benefit after 6 months of employment
Job Location: 397 RAILWAY ST Vancouver, BC V6A 1A4
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Coordinate the selection, training, development, and evaluation of employees in the Kitchen Department through effective management and leadership to ensure that established cultural and core standards are met; long-range strategic planning for the department.
– Prepare and complete meals and foods on a regular bases and for special functions or events
– Effectively plan and develop menus considering factors such as product availability, food and service cost, market conditions and business volume; assign prices that result in net profit.
– Control labor and operating expenses through effective planning, budgeting, purchasing decisions, policy making, and inventory control while focusing on creative cost control and revenue generation solutions to maximize profit in the department, division and company.
– Ensure that sanitation standards as set forth by Vancouver Coastal Health regulations are in compliance as well as the cleanliness and organization of the kitchen.
– Set up control systems which will assure quality and portion consistency and the ability to create proper purchasing specifications as well as monitor and review operating criteria and develop an awareness of the importance of food preparation and quality.
– Communicate with employees and managers to ensure operational needs are met as well as attend regular operational meetings to ensure effective coordination and cooperation between departments.
– Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors
• Education: Completed Secondary Diploma
• Experience: 3 years of experience in commercial food preparation
• Able to communicate in English
• Self-motivated and ability to multi-task effectively
• Ability to operate and utilize culinary production equipment and tools
How to Apply
If you would like to apply the position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
No views yet