shellfish processing labourer (NOC 95107 )
- Cooper’s Cove Oyster Farm Ltd. – Posted by email@example.com
- Sooke, British Columbia, Canada
- Job ID : 77107
- Category : General Labor
- Job Type : Full-Time
- Salary : $18 Hourly
- Anticipated Start Date : 2022-11-27
- Posting Date : 24 Nov 2022
- Expiry Date : 23 Jan 2023
Cooper’s Cove Oyster Farm Ltd. Based in Sooke, BC.
Job location: 6377 Belvista Place, Sooke, BC, V9Z 0X3
NOC Group: shellfish processing labourer (NOC 95107 )
NOC Job Title: Labourer, Seafood-Processing Plant
Job type: Full time – permanent, 40 Hours per week.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Positions available: 10
Minimum Education: Not required
Job Opening for employment group: all applicants will be considered, including Students, Youth, Veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces, Visible minorities, Persons with disabilities, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Apprentices
Minimum experience: Previous experience with seafood processing an asset not but required.
Must be able to lift up to 10 lbs.
Must be comfortable handling seafood projects, not allergic to shellfish or fish.
Transportation: Public transportation is available.
Work Condition: Repetitive tasks, Handling heavy loads, Physically demanding, Hand-eye co-ordination, Standing for extended periods
Work location: Sooke, BC. For anyone hired, Relocation costs covered by the employer, Willing to relocate
Worksite condition: Odours, Wet/damp environment
Our processing plant workers require supervision. All the gear and training will be provided, including rubber boots or steel-toed safety boots.
- Unload shellfish and transport them by hand to the work area
- Cut, clean, shuck seafood prior to further processing, scrape away scales,
- Weigh seafood, record weight and pack seafood in ice
- Sort seafood according to species, weight and destination
- Clean work areas and equipment
- Transport supplies and packaging materials throughout the plant and storage area manually or with powered equipment
- Other labour work as assigned.
Wage and benefits:
Wage will be calculated at 18$/hour, at least 30 hours per week, approved overtime will be calculated based on provincial employment standard. Accommodation can be provided at no cost to the employee. Relocation costs will be provided by the employer to the employee. Sooke is a great town next to the capital city of British Columbia. Opportunities for advancement based on performance.
Cooper’s Cove Oyster Farm Ltd. is an equal employer, and We offer employment opportunities to all individuals, regardless of race, religious, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, gender, gender identify, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and your availability to email: Cooperscoveoyster@gmail.com or post mail to 6377 Belvista Place, Sooke, BC, V9Z 0X3
No views yet