Safety & Compliance Coordinator
- 9084380 Canada Inc. O/A Godspeed Cartage – Posted by firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Job ID : 13529
- Category : Administrative
- Job Type : Full-Time
- Salary : $24 Hourly
- Anticipated Start Date : 2020-09-09
- Posting Date : 09 Sep 2020
- Expiry Date : 09 Sep 2021
Employer: 9084380 Canada Inc. O/A Godspeed Cartage
Position: Safety & Compliance Coordinator
Duration/Type: Permanent/Full Time
Location: 7355 Torbram Road, Unit#3, Mississauga, ON, L4T3W3
Salary: $24.00 per hour –The gross salary paid will be subject to all applicable Federal and Provincial income taxes and other statutory deductions.
Other Benefits: None; other than employer EI & CPP contributions
Vacation: 4 % of the gross salary
Hours of Work: 32.00-35.00 Hours a week. Overtime applicable at the rate of 1.5 after 44 hours of work per week
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities
• Develop and implement safe operational procedures which identify and take into account all relevant hazards;
• Carry out risk assessments and make recommendation on how risks could be reduced;
• Maintain drivers log according to MTO & DOT regulations. Monitor CVOR and DOT SAFER record on a regular basis
• Coordinate and participate in at a distance Job Task Observation (JTO) campaigns to determine all drivers are in compliance with policies and procedures; recommend corrective actions if required.
• Coordinates pre-employment physical examinations drug-screening for job applicants.
• Prepare health and safety strategies and develop internal policies;
• Facilitates incident investigations, root cause analysis, and closure of corrective actions.
• Act as a professional liaison in case of government agency inspections concerning safety issues.
• Assist and ensure branch is maintaining employee safety training records; keeping records of inspection findings and producing reports that suggest improvements;
• Keep records of incidents and accidents and producing statistics;
• Remain up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all Health, Safety and Environment legislation and any developments that affect the transportation industry;
Specific Job Requirements
• Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in transportation safety and compliance. Familiarity with relevant current and pending Government Regulations in the industry.
• A college diploma in Business management/administration or equivalent experience required
• Possess an understanding and working knowledge of MS Office suite to include Excel, Word, and Outlook.
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in order to explain health and safety processes to a wide range of people and to give presentations to groups;
• Ability to understand and analyze complex information and present it simply and accurately;
• An investigative mind, Attention to detail
How to ApplyBy Email to: email@example.com
No views yet