- Railtown Cafe & Catering – Posted by Owner
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Job ID : 17280
- Category : Cook
- Job Type : Full-Time
- Salary : $15.00-16.00 Hourly
- Anticipated Start Date : As soon as possible
- Posting Date : 31 Dec 2020
- Expiry Date : 29 Jun 2021
Position: Pastry Cook
Number of job vacancies: 1
Working Hours: 40hrs per week
Wage: $15.00 – $16.00 per hour
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Address: 397 Railway St. Vancouver, BC, V6A 1A4
The award-winning Railtown Cafe & Catering is seeking a number of talented individuals to join their dynamic and ever-growing team. With aggressive expansion plans and professional development encouraged on all levels, the opportunities for advancement and growth are limitless.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for prepping, assembling, cooking and cooling of all food products to Railtown Cafe recipe guidelines and health code specifications.
• Prepares a variety of cold prep items for all batch cooked items, sauces, soups, stews, all pre-cooked items and partially cooked items.
• Washes, peels, slices and mixes vegetables, fruits or other ingredients. Portions and arranges food on serving dishes.
• Responsible for all stove, oven, and fryer cooking. Properly portions all food items such as chicken, meats, and/or vegetables prior to cooking/serving.
• Carefully wraps and stores all food items, labels all stored items, and ensures proper product rotation using first in/first out procedures (FIFO).
• Maintains proper organization and the highest level of cleanliness of all food storage and preparation areas including cleaning dishes and the dish area.
• Maintains cleanliness and upkeep of kitchen and equipment at all times.
• Guide and motivate pastry assistants and bakers to work more efficiently.
• Responsible for communicating openly and thoroughly with supervisors, and for bringing any and all concerns to supervisor’s attention immediately.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• High school graduate or equivalent desired culinary school or equivalent work experience desired
• Basic knowledge of kitchen equipment and procedures, safety and sanitation regulations, and knowledge of food and food production
• Food Safe Level 1 Holder
• General knowledge of food items, spices, ingredients
• Must be able to read and execute recipes (in grams)
• High volume, quick casual experience preferred or fine dining experience with an eagerness to work in a new, larger format
The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, frequently lifting up to 25 pounds, occasionally lifting up to 100 pounds, sitting, standing, bending, squatting, and moving intermittently during working hours.
How to ApplyPlease do not call regarding the posted position. Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements. Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
No views yet