- Tender Treasures Montessori School – Posted by Tender Treasures Montessori School
- Job ID : 58042
- Category : Child Care
- Job Type : Full-Time
- Salary : $20 Hourly
- Anticipated Start Date : As soon as possible
- Posting Date : 12 Jun 2022
- Expiry Date : 12 Jul 2022
Tender Treasures Montessori School (www.tendertreasures.ca) located at 171 Marycroft Ave. Woodbridge Ontario is hiring for a Montessori Directress.
Term: Permanent full-time.
Education: Minimum requirement: must be professionally trained through the Montessori training program with a Certificate or Diploma. AMI (Association Montessori International), AMS (American Montessori Society), MACTE (Montessori Accreditation Council for Teacher Education). AMI is preferred.
Experience: Minimum requirement: No set years of previous experiences are mandatory. Must be able to demonstrate the skills, abilities and personal traits to carry out the job duties & responsibilities.
Top Skills Required：
- Organization and planning
- Relationship building and collaboration
- Observation and analyzing
- Information collecting and recording
- Critical thinking and problem solving
Top personal traits and attributes required:
- Love of young children, empathy, caring and compassionate
- Passion for teaching
- Enthusiasm and personal drive
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Constant learning and self-improvement
Location of work: Woodbridge Ontario
Language of Work: English, having a second language is an asset
Payment: $20/ hour on bi-weekly basis
Hours: 7:30am to 6:00pm, 30-40 hours per week from Monday to Friday
Summary of Position:
To provide a quality caring and supportive environment which addresses the unique care needs of individual children. To ensure you understand and meet all regulatory standards required by the Ministry of Health and Ministry of Education.
The Montessori Directress is to ensure their classroom is following proper School practices and is aligned with the Policies and Procedures of Tender Treasures Montessori School and the philosophy of Dr. Maria Montessori.
You are to report directly to the School Supervisor/Designate at all times.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct daily anecdotal records of each individual student.
- Plan daily lessons for each individual student (this must be done by the Friday of the week prior).
- Ensure your classroom student tracking binder is up to date.
- Plan, implement and assess developmentally appropriate activities and experiences in co-ordination with the Philosophy statement with the assistance of all classroom teachers.
- Program plans and material requests are to be emailed to the Supervisor/Designate by Wednesday mornings before 9am.
- Provide a daily balance of active/quiet, indoor/outdoor and individual/group activities (small & large).
- Carry out the daily activities schedule and also incorporate child directed activities (spur of the moment).
- Organize space, equipment and materials in advance.
- Assist and encourage children to express themselves by listening and responding with questions or comments that extend conversation and promote the use of words.
- Use a variety of teaching techniques including modeling, observing, questioning, demonstrating and reinforcing.
- Ensure (PLAY) is available to children every day.
- Encourage and assist children to practice self-help skills.
- Direct the natural energy of each child through specifically graded activities.
- Maintain the work cycle retaining consistency in the classroom.
- Follow the educational units set out prior to the commencement of each academic school year (units are determined by all Directress at a team meeting prior to the beginning of the school year. This must be approved by the Supervisor/Designate).
- Plan and carry out experiences that foster an understanding of a variety of cultures and value systems (multiculturalism).
- Provide opportunities for children to spend time individually (decompress).
- Plan and implement activities and situations that result in a child having to use problem solving skills.
- Provide experiences and play materials that actively promote diversity and acceptance in interactions and attitudes.
- Lead the process for report cards and parent teacher meetings (December & June).
- Work cohesively with co-workers (in all age groups).
- Operating a clean and organized classroom.
- Responsible to oversee and complete a final check on all monthly paperwork that is required by the office.
- Ensure the garbage is taken out daily and as needed.
- Teach and guide children to care for the materials within the classrooms.
- Children’s face and hands must be kept clean at all times (will reduce dirt and the spread of illness).
- Responsible to monitor the mouthed toys and daily disinfecting of materials and areas within the classroom.
- Bathrooms must be kept clean and signed off daily.
- Share the responsibility of laundry with all co-workers.
Tender Treasures Montessori School is an equal employer, and we offer employment opportunities to all individuals, regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, ancestry and other conditions.
If you believe you are the person meeting these requirements and passionate about joining us, please send your resume, cover letter and proof of credentials to us by Email.
Due to the busy work environment, contacting us through email is always the preferred way of communication. We designate scheduled time on daily basis to check and reply emails.
Our contact email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to preserve safe and clean environment for our children, other than staff, parents, and pre-registered visitors, we restrict random visitors coming to our site in person. Please do not visit our office for the application without the instruction from us.
Thank you for your interest in working with us. Only the selected individual will be contacted. Thank you!
No views yet