Material Handler (NOC-75101)
- Acirassi Books Ltd – Posted by quicklink
- Pitt Meadows, British Columbia, Canada
- Job ID : 100014
- Category : General Labour
- Job Type : Full-Time
- Salary : $20.50 Hourly
- Anticipated Start Date : 2023-05-10
- Posting Date : 09 May 2023
- Expiry Date : 05 Nov 2023
We at Acirassi Books Ltd. resale used books and media items (CDs, DVDs, Video Games) online. We buy, sort, scan, prepare, package, export, ship, and list these books and media items on online platform for resale. Our company is dedicated to promoting sustainable book recycling methods that have a positive impact on the environment. By joining our team as a Material Handler (NOC-75101), you'll play a crucial role in keeping books out of landfills and getting them into the hands of people who need them. We're currently looking for punctual, reliable, and hardworking individuals to fill multiple openings in our warehouse at 19055 Airport Way, Pitt Meadows, British Columbia. Join us and help make a difference!
Main job duties include:
- Load, unload and move books and other media items from and to the shipment trucks and around the warehouse by hand or using basic material handling equipment.
- Perform other material handling activities such as counting, scanning, sorting, packing, and unpacking. Inspect and wrap skids and pallets.
- Move the books and other items into smaller boxes or larger ones to make them ready for shipping/order filling.
- Follow the colour code scanning technique to sort and place the material into the designated bins as instructed by the shift supervisor.
- Package, move and place the outgoing shipment boxes on pallets to the designated storage area and perform quality control checks as per procedures.
- May perform other activities, such as clean, sweep and vacuum of work areas and warehouse. Move waste, recycling, and garbage to the appropriate area/bins etc.
Terms of Employment: This position is full-time (35-40 hours per week), may require overtime.
Language: Knowledge of the English language is an asset but not required
Wages: 20.50/hr (Annual salary Approximately $37,310)
Benefits: Vacation pay, paid sick leave, WCB coverage at work (all other benefits according to BC Employment Standards Act will be provided)
Basic medical coverage until enrolled into BC medical plan and transportation coverage (Only for employees outside BC)
The candidates hired for these vacancies will have the opportunities to progress to work as Warehouse Associates, Listers, or Supervisory positions.
Education: Grade 12 or equivalent is preferred but not required
Experience: 1-2 years related experience an asset. Job training will be provided.
Must be physically fit.
Preference will be given to Canadian Citizens and Permanent residence.
Contact information of the hiring manager
Manroop Gill, 604-500-5094
How to Apply
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Preferred method of contact) Please send resume to this email. Please do not call to apply.
No views yet