Tacofino began as a food truck in the back of a surf shop in beautiful Tofino, British Columbia. We balanced surfing with creating world-inspired food with the best possible ingredients. We have since grown and have added food trucks and locations across Vancouver Island and Vancouver. We’re currently looking for a Kitchen Manager to join our team!
- Position: Kitchen Manager
- Work Hours: 40 hrs. per week
- Wage: $20.67
- Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Start date: ASAP
- Benefits: 4% vacation pay
- Work Location: 2327 East Hastings, Vancouver, BC, V5l 1V6.
Key duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring high-quality and consistency of food and ensuring safe food handling procedures are being followed
- Supporting the Restaurant Operator in providing leadership to a team to ensure production goals are met and managing day-to-day kitchen operations
- Maintaining strong and positive communication with team members
- Ensuring compliance with Tacofino’s health and safety standards, COVID-19 Health and Safety Plan, and service meeting quality control standards
- Being involved in the training of team members and offering continued growth opportunities for improvement
- Ensuring proper storage procedures are being followed and maintain records of stock, repairs, sales and wastage
- Ensuring team members are following appropriate policy and procedure and upholding positive workplace values
- Other duties as required
Requirements/Education and other requirements
- Completion of secondary school is required
- Completion of a college program in food service or at least 2 years of experience working in food preparation or service are required.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to establish approachable two-way communication
- Experience in providing new team member orientation and continued growth opportunities is a plus.
- Experience in working with diverse teams in an effort to support workplace inclusion is a plus
- A demonstrated passion for soulful food, people, and being a part of the restaurant industry
- Solid inventory counts and ordering experience
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize
- Attention to detail
How to Apply
At Tacofino, we believe our people are what makes us great. If you are a positive leader with a strong work ethic that is looking to join a fun workplace culture, then we invite you to apply for this role by submitting a resume. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We believe in creating an inclusive environment and welcome all qualified applicants to apply.
No views yet