Jr. Sous Chefs
- Homer Street Café & Bar – Posted by HR_Canada
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Job ID : 42994
- Category :
- Job Type : Full-Time
- Salary : $22 Hourly
- Anticipated Start Date : 2022-01-11
- Posting Date : 11 Jan 2022
- Expiry Date : 11 Jan 2023
Wentworth Hospitality Group (Amacon’s hospitality division) is looking for eager and engaged Jr. Sous Chefs who are passionate for cooking!
Homer Street Café & Bar is a contemporary restaurant set in the historic Homer Building and new Beasley building in Vancouver's Yaletown district. Created within an open concept kitchen bar; classic comfort cooking takes centre stage thanks to a fire engine red rotisserie that roasts all manner of proteins. If you are looking to work within a culture that strives for excellence, creates a welcoming atmosphere and guest experience, are service obsessed and love the hospitality industry, you are the person we are looking for!
Our team delivers a specially curated and delicious food and beverage menu, in line with our next level guest experience standards. Reports to the Executive Chef and Chef de Cuisine.
Position: Jr. Sous Chefs, Full-Time
Working hours and wages: 40 hrs. per week, $22 per hour
Benefit: MSP, Dental and Extended health medical benefit after 3 months of employment
Working Location: 898 Homer Street, Vancouver, BC, V6B 2W5
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Prepare and execute high-quality cuisine that meets the standards of Wentworth Hospitality Group
• Ensure all meals are prepared and presented according to specifications
• Supervise cooks and other kitchen staff
• Understand and memorize all food items on the menu
• Perform inventory checks and notify management of supply levels
• Eager to learn and be trained on the multiple food stations
• Create and engage in a respectful, professional, and positive workplace
• Prioritize and ensure cleanliness in the back of the house
• Protect the restaurant and guests by complying with sanitation, safety, and proper food handling procedures.
• Education: Completed Secondary Diploma
• Experience: Min. 3 years of experience in commercial food preparation
• Able to communicate in English
• Self-motivated, organized, and ability to multi-task effectively
• Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule, days, nights, and weekends
• Must be punctual and reliable
• Ability to work varied hours
• High energy level
How to Apply
If you would like to apply the position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No views yet