Groom – Horse Race Track
- Jerri Robertson Racing Stables – Posted by RJERRI
- Nisku, Alberta, Canada
- Job ID : 6834
- Category : Professional Services
- Job Type : Full-Time
- Salary : $ Hourly
- Anticipated Start Date : 2020-03-01
- Posting Date : 01 Nov 2019
- Expiry Date : 31 Oct 2020
• Feed and tend to horses.
• Detect disease and health problems in horses.
• Set and monitor water lines, air flow and temperature in barns, pens and stables.
• Clean stables, barns, barnyards and pens.
• Feed horses daily. Feeding program includes: knowledge of supplements, vitamins, additives and problem dosage of all of the above. Feeding also includes ability to adjust feeding programs for individual horses and or situations.
• Feed hay and fill water pails at least twice a day.
• Clean stalls on a daily basis. Knowledge of proper amounts of bedding and proper sanitation is essential.
• Cleaning water pails and feed tubs.
• Cleaning of webbings and stalls chains daily.
• Must be able to maintain a clean workspace in and around the farm.
• Ability to sweep, to shovel, or do other physical labour applicable to the farm.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs. repeatedly.
• Must be able to apply ice boots, Electric blankets, or other therapeutic devices on horses.
• Must have knowledge of standing bandages, including but not limited to: Spider bandages, sweating of legs, Poultice, etc.
• Ability to groom horses extensively. Pick feet, brush, pull manes, clean sheaths.
• Must be able to keep records of Lasix administration or other medication from the veterinarian.
• Ability to deal with stressful situations and work under pressure, make decisions based on experience to contact veterinarian or trainer in an emergency.
• Need to have an in depth knowledge of general horse health.
• Ability to saddle and handle pony horses.
• Ability to put horses on hot-walkers, and maintenance of hot-walkers.
• Must have a real desire to work with horses.
• Work schedule is based on 6 days a week, 44 hours per week with one day off on a rotational basis.
• Must be a team player and able to work with others with minimum supervision.
• Must have at least 3 years of race track experience and knowing the rules and logistics during racing days.
How to ApplyPlease apply by email only at: email@example.com Assets: Certificate in Animal Health Groom Certificate from Olds College Jockey Certificate from Olds College Only experienced people need to apply with a minimum 2 to 3 years experience working in a recognized racetrack in Canada.
No views yet