Greenhouse Worker NOC 8432
- MISTY GARDENS – Posted by email@example.com
- Job ID : 42369
- Category :
- Job Type : Full-Time
- Salary : $15.05 Hourly
- Anticipated Start Date : As soon as possible
- Posting Date : 04 Jan 2022
- Expiry Date : 03 Feb 2022
Name of the company: MISTY GARDENS
Job Title: Greenhouse Worker NOC 8432
Address 534 Bruce Street Humboldt, Saskatchewan S0K 2A0
Wage: $15.05 per hour
Number of positions: 1
Length of employment: Full time permanent
Hours – 40 per week
Experience: Minimum of one year of experience working in a commercial greenhouse operation
Education: Post-secondary certificate or diploma
English: Proven English skills supported by an IELTS Report
Apply by: 10 March 2022
How to apply: e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact name: Paul Kneeshaw
Contact phone: 306-682-5737
Contact e-mail: email@example.com
Employer website: www.mistygardens.ca
This position contributes to Misty Gardens Greenhouse by working as a team member in the preparation of greenhouse media, contributing to ensure healthy greenhouse plant growth and by ensuring a healthy greenhouse plant growth environment free of any insects, disease and weed pests. In performing the duties of this position, the Greenhouse Worker is to adhere to all safety requirements thus ensuring a positive, productive, safe, and customer oriented work environment.
- A post-secondary certificate or diploma will be viewed as an asset.
- A working knowledge of the principles, methods and essentials to practical greenhouse operation.
- A minimum of one year of experience working in a commercial greenhouse operation.
- Proven English language skills supported by an IELTS Report with scores at or above the following skill level: Speaking 4; Listening 4.5; Reading 3.5 and Writing 4
- Demonstrated ability of sound decision making and problem solving.
- Free of any chemical dependence whatsoever
- A valid driver’s license will be viewed as an asset.
- Perform site preparation, planting, irrigation, pruning and weeding as directed by owner.
- Assist in maintaining a sanitary environment in production area and greenhouse area.
- Assist in maintaining plant growth environments free of diseases and insects.
- Mix fertigation to support growth medium for greenhouse plant production.
- Fill pots according to specifications and move filled pots to the planting area
- Move plants and baskets to the selling greenhouse as space becomes available.
- Observe, adjust and water plants in amounts as per temperature and plant growth requirements.
- Assist in using appropriate methods to manage eradication insect, disease and weed pests
- Unload, sort, price and move nursery trees and shrubs to the selling areas
- Maintain and repair equipment and facilities as required.
- Keep records as directed by the owners.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as directed by the owners
No views yet