Food Service Supervisor
From grab-and-go sandwiches and soups, fresh coffee from FRATELLO, danishes, German pretzels, donuts, our famous frissants, and cakes for any special occasion, Swiss Bakery is here for you. We are proud to be part of your Vancouver tradition.
Established in 1993, Swiss Bakery has grown from one room with a baking table to a beloved Mount Pleasant destination, serving Vancouver families, restaurants, and specialty grocery stores as an artisan bread specialist. We pride ourselves on our deep knowledge of our craft, the warmth of our employees, and the loyalty of our Vancouver customers.
- Position: Food Service Supervisor
- Work Hours: 30 – 40 hours (Day, Weekend, Flexible hours, Overtime may be required)
- Wage: $18.50
- Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Start date: ASAP
- Benefits: 4% vacation fee
- Work Location: 143 East 3rd Avenue, Vancouver, BC
Key duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and supervise food preparation
- Coordinate activities with kitchen to ensure all orders in a timely manner
- Estimation and order of ingredients and supplies needed for meal preparation
- Train staff in sanitation, safety procedures and job duties
- Ensure that the food and service have the quality control standards and safety
- Train staff in customer service roles and cashiers
- Create cafeteria menus and define food and labour costs
- Train staff in job duties, and sanitation and safety procedures
- Keep track the records of stocks, repairs, sales and any waste
- Could participate in the food service staff selection
Requirements/Education and other requirements
- Completion of secondary school is required
- Completion of a community college program in food service administration or hospitality or several years of experience in food preparation/food safety or customer service is required.
- Excellent time-management skills and flexibility
- Understanding of food safety practices
- Ability to lift 23 Kg (50 lbs)
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No views yet