Early Childhood Educator
Job Title: Early Childhood Educator (NOC: 42202)
Employer: Osoyoos Child Care Centre Society
Location: 6609-89 Street Osoyoos, BC V0H 1V1
Wage: 22/hr for 40 hrs per week
Employment groups to include: persons with disabilities, indigenous, newcomers to Canada, student, and vulnerable youth
Terms of employment: permanent, full time
Start Date: as soon as possible
College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1-2 years
At least 1 to less than 2 years of work experience as an early childhood educator or any related field.
· Guide children’s behaviour in a way that promotes self-confidence and a positive self-image.
· Ensure positive communication with children, parents and staffs.
· Knowledgeable and compliance with all provincial licensing regulations
· To model best practice; BC ECE Code of Ethics
· Participate in fundraising for Osoyoos Child Care Centre.
· To take a role of leadership to support staff and families.
· Assist children in expressing themselves by listening and responding with questions or comments that extend conversations
· Use a variety of teaching techniques including modelling, observing, questioning, demonstrating, and reinforcing
· Encourage and assist children to practice self-help daily
· Plan and carry out experiences that foster an understanding of a variety of cultures and value systems
· Provide opportunity each day for each child to be alone
· Provide opportunity for child directed play experience · Plan and carry out activities that encourage problem solving
· Provide experiences and play materials that actively promote diversity and acceptance in interactions and attitudes
· Participate in short- and long-term planning and evaluation and staff program reviews
· Ensure the children’s environment is healthy and safe.
Security and Safety:
· Criminal Record Check
· Immunization Records
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
· repetitive task, attention to details, combination of standing, walking and sitting.
Work Location Information
· Relocation costs covered by employer, willing to relocate
· Punctuality, excellent oral communication, excellent written communication, values and ethics, reliability, interpersonal awareness, judgement, dependability, flexibility, effective interpersonal skills, team player
· Child Care Centre·
· Early Childhood Education certificate
· First Aid Certificate
· Valid BC License to practice
How to Apply
No views yet