Early Childhood Educator Assistant
Early Childhood Educator Assistant (NOC 4214)
Position: Early Childhood Educator Assistant
Number of Job Vacancies: 1
Working Hours: 7 hours per day/35hours per week
Wage: $18.00-$22.00 per hour
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Benefit: 4% Vacation Pay from Gross Salary, Extended medical
Employer Name: Island Kids Academy View Royal
Address: 286 Island Highway, Victoria BC, V9B 1G5
Island Kids Academy is owned and operated by a group of energetic, educated women who recognize the valuable service that quality child care can provide to families with young children. At Island Kids Academy, our staffs are highly qualified professionals with their license in Early Childhood Education and/or other related training. We offer a 1 to 4 ratio in the infant/toddler rooms and a 1 to 8 ratio in the pre-school rooms. Each program is lead by a dynamic supervisor that works alongside their incredible team ensuring that each child is having a positive, nurturing and enriching experience on a daily basis.
- Assisting in the implementation of age appropriate programs to enhance the children’s development in the different areas of learning
- Plan, prepare, and organize activities such as telling stories, teaching songs and making crafts for children to participate
- Preparing and serving meals and snacks
- Assist with proper eating, dressing and toilet habits
- Prepare and share written children’s observation reports for early childhood educators or supervisors
- Maintain daycare equipment and assist in housekeeping duties
- Attend staff meetings to discuss progress and problems of children
- May assist early childhood educators or supervisors in keeping records.
Education & Requirements:
- Completion of an early childhood education assistant certificate program or post-secondary courses in early childhood education and/or relevant education, experience and training
- Current First Aid Certificate and Criminal Record Check required
- Enthusiastic with children
- Well organized
- Excellent and effective communication skills in verbal and written
- Strong work ethic
How to Apply
Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Early Childhood Educator” in the subject line.
No views yet