Early childhood educator
- Evelyn – Posted by evelynnoy
- Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Job ID : 30180
- Category : Education
- Job Type : Contract
- Salary : $14.35 Hourly
- Anticipated Start Date : 2021-09-13
- Posting Date : 17 Aug 2021
- Expiry Date : 16 Sep 2021
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
I'm looking to hire someone who has a background in early childhood education or primary teaching.
The position would be in my home to develop and provide developmentally appropriate supervision and activities for up to 4 children (I have 2 children and my neighbors 2 children may join as well), ages 4-8. I'm looking for between 30-40 hrs/wk of work. The children may or may not attend school, depending on the evolving covid situation. Hours would be 30 hrs/week if children are in school or 40 hrs/week if children are not in school.
This would be a one year position, possibly renewable for a second year.
Location is in Nepean (in private home). The language of employement would be in English.
If the children are in school, the position would be for 30 hrs/week, from noon – 6pm daily. The duties would include picking the children up from school and developing and implementing developmentally appropriate, enriching activities after-school from 2-6pm daily. These activities could include music, stories and crafts. The time in advance of picking up the children would be used for preparing nutritious snacks and dinner for the children (children should have snack as soon as they are picked up and have dinner at 5 or 5:30pm), planning activities and organizing and preparing materials.
If the children are not in school, the duties would be to developing and oversee the implementation of developmentally appropriate educational activities all day (9-5pm). The educator would then be responsible for ensuring that activities cover the Ontario kindergarten curriculum. My son may also be home, attending virtual learning for grade 3, in this case, and the educator would oversee his participation in the virtual learning, as well as help with tutoring and homework assignments, and any other class activities that may require assistance (such as science experiments).
Overall, the general duties would be as follows:
- Supervising children and ensuring their safety
- Oversee free play, both indoors and outdoors. Ensure the children are properly dressed for activities.
- Plan and implement structured, age-appropriate activities, including reading stories, arts and crafts, music, baking, and science explorations and/or experiments.
- Implement and oversee play-based learning, including elements of the kindergarten curriculum, such as letter and number recognition, days of the week, seasons etc..
- Prepare and supervise snack and dinner for children
- Cleaning up after eating, crafts or play and maintaining childrens spaces neat and tidy
- Encourage the children to learn to be as independent as possible, including getting dressed by themselves, toileting independently, and using proper hygiene, such as hand washing.
- Resolve conflict arising between children in a positive manner
- Provide support for virtual learning for grade school students, when present and needed, including: ensuring grade school students participate in online learning, practice reading, prepping material, such as printing learning materials and assignments, scanning and sending completed assignments to teachers, providing explanations for concepts that are new and/or not understood, practice occupational therapy activities for fine motor improvement, and/or guitar)
- Provide tutoring support for grade 3 student in reading, math and keyboarding.
Preference to those with one of: an ECE diploma, primary teaching degree, certified as montessori teacher, early childood education assistant certication.
3-5 years of experience
How to Apply
For any inquiries or to apply, please send your expression of interest and cv to Evelyn at Dreams_Suenos@yahoo.ca.
No views yet