22 Jul 2022
- 1576810 Alberta Inc. – Posted by WORD IMMIGRATION
- Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Job ID : 62088
- Category : Construction
- Job Type : Full-Time
- Salary : $28.90 Hourly
- Anticipated Start Date : 2022-07-22
- Posting Date : 22 Jul 2022
- Expiry Date : 22 Jul 2023
Posted on July 22, 2022 by 1576810 Alberta Inc.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Work Site Environment
- At heights, Dangerous, Dusty, Hot, Noisy, Outdoors
- Weight Handling
- Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Work Setting
- Commercial, Industrial, Residential, Various locations
- Own Tools/Equipment
- Hard hat, Safety glasses/goggles, Steel-toed safety boots
- Personal Suitability
- Client focus, Dependability, Excellent oral communication, Excellent written communication, Flexibility, Judgement, Reliability, Team player
- Instruct apprentices, Supervise other workers, Apply successive coats of compound and sand seams and joints, Apply, level and smooth coats of plaster, Clean and prepare surfaces, Cure freshly plastered surfaces, Cut and install metal corner beads to protect exterior corners, Fabricate and install suspended metal ceiling grids and place in panels to form acoustical and coffered ceilings, Fill joints, nail indentations, holes and cracks with joint compound using trowel and broad knife, Finish corners and angles and create decorative designs in finish coat, if required, Measure, cut, fit and install drywall sheets, Mix plaster ingredients to desired consistency, Mould and install ornamental plaster panels, cornices and trim, Position and secure sheets to metal or wooden studs or joists, Smooth out excess compound and allow coat to dry, Spray acoustic or texture materials over walls and ceilings, Tape over joints using taping machine and embed tape in compound, Trowel or spray coats of stucco over exteriors of buildings to form weatherproof surfaces, Attach metal or gypsum lath to studs or furring, Cut openings in lath for heating and ventilation piping, ducts and electrical outlets, Install acoustic tile, hangers for suspended ceilings and metal studs for composition wallboard or lath, Install corner beads and wire mesh around beams to which plaster is to be applied, Install exterior and interior steel studs, Install metal stud framing and furring for interior drywall or plaster walls and ceilings, using hand and power tools, Install vapour barriers and thermal and sound insulation, Prepare wall and ceiling layouts, Utilize laser alignment system, Estimate costs and materials, Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications, Work at heights, on scaffolding or swing stages, Erect and install scaffolding, falsework and other working platforms
- 1 to 2 people
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Bending, crouching, kneeling, Hand-eye co-ordination, Handling heavy loads, Large workload, Manual dexterity, Overtime required, Physically demanding, Repetitive tasks, Sound discrimination, Standing for extended periods, Tight deadlines, Walking, Work under pressure
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
No views yet