Dough Maker / Baker
Join the amazing team at Mary Macleod’s Shortbread – a workplace where employees are seen, heard and given the opportunity to reach their highest potential. We boldly strive for excellence in everything we do and never compromise on quality. Along with a caring and supportive work environment, we offer numerous employment benefits including:
- Competitive wages and bonuses
- Comprehensive benefits plan
- Generous time off
- Professional development opportunities
We are looking for a Baker to join our talented team and participate in creating high quality, delicious shortbread cookies using top quality ingredients. A successful Baker is someone that is committed to quality, organized and meticulous, and a proactive problem solver. Mary Macleod’s Shortbread provides an incredible learning environment to share skills with enthusiastic and knowledgeable team members who all strive to be and bake our best.
Please note that this position is located at our production site at 80 Galaxy Blvd, Toronto, ON. You must be able to work on site.
· Support the food safety program by following procedures and raising non-compliance issues;
· Preparing ingredients for baking use with the baking team;
· Actively assist preparation of doughs;
· Baking according to production plans;
· Completing food safety and Quality Assurance (“QA”) logs as required;
· Attending QA meetings as required;
· Maintain Food Safety and QA procedures;
· Prep and maintenance of production area: washing pans, prep of kitchen equipment and small wares;
· Preparing primary packaging and accents;
· Sealing and packaging containers/primary product packaging;
· Labeling containers; and
· Accenting and packing orders.
· Understanding and following Food Safety and Quality Assurance procedures;
· Participating in improving manufacturing productivity, standards and quality controls;
o Other duties as assigned.
· Required Skills:
· Experience working in a Food manufacturing environment;
· Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, along with simple mathematical abilities;
· Ability to understand and execute instructions accurately;
· Ability to work independently with minimum supervision;
· Flexibility to work days, nights, and weekends if needed;
· Working knowledge of GMP’s, HACCP and OHSA.
· Personal Traits:
· Manual dexterity for forming, packing and accenting cookies;
· Delivering 100% service level in all functions;
· Proven effectiveness at working as part of a diverse team;
· Professional manner.
· Ability to work and stand for long hours – approximately three (3) consecutive hours of standing
· Ability to lift up to 25 lbs on a regular basis
· Manual dexterity for forming, packing and accenting cookies is required
· Temperatures that may be considered above “room temperature” and not to exceed 26C
· Intermittent loud sounds lasting approximately 20 minutes at a time throughout the day (compressor machinery). Ear protection is provided when on the loading dock
· Smells include butter, sugar, chocolate, maple syrup, nuts. Must be free from allergies to any of these product
· Flexibility to work days, nights, and weekends if needed (frequently happens September – December)
· Baking experience;
· Minimum 2 – 3 years of experience working in a Food manufacturing environment, preferably in gourmet food and baked goods/cookies.
EDUCATION / TRAINING:
· High School graduate or equivalent (GED), College or degree (preferable);
· Completion of the Food Handlers Certification Training would be considered an asset.
HEALTH AND SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Understand and follow Food Safety and Quality Assurance (FSQA) programs;
· FSQA program activities as assigned (ex: logs, reports, meetings);
· Report any food safety, legality, quality or food defense concerns;
· Follow health and safety program, reporting any concerns.
Mary Macleod’s Shortbread accommodates the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If we contact you about an opportunity, please let us know if you require accommodation.
At Mary Macleod’s Shortbread, we strive to promote a workplace that is rich in diversity and where employees feel valued, supported and included. We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds and those who may need accommodation to apply to join our team. We are committed to exploring areas that are often complex and difficult by listening, learning, and getting better together. By incorporating a variety of experiences and perspectives, we create opportunities for innovative solutions.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $17.00-$19.00 per hour
How to Apply
If you are interested, please apply using the "apply" form for this job listing.
No views yet