Working Hours: 40 hrs per week, 5days a week
Wage: $17.00 – $18.00 per hour
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Benefit: 4% Vacation Pay from Gross Salary
Employer Name: Railtown Cafe & Catering
Address: 429 GRANVILLE ST.VANCOUVER, BC, V6C 1T2
Ever since we opened our first location at the corner of Railway and Dunlevy in the historic Railtown District of Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside in 2012, we have been serving healthy and delicious food to our customers. Our store was launched by Vancouver chefs Dan Olson and Tyler Day, we foster a fun and friendly environment with a true sense of community for staff and customers alike. Fresh is what we do best, offering heaping portions of healthy comfort food prepared from scratch daily by our talented team of classically trained chefs. We are looking for new member to join our team at Granville location!
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the timely preparation of consistent, quality, food items according to guest orders while following recipes, as well as portion, and presentation standards as set forth by Railtown Cafe and Catering.
- Complete mise en place and set-up of kitchen for breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner service; ensuring food quality standards, as well as, proper rotation and par levels are maintained for all products. Communication of any shortages or out-of-stock items to the appropriate department.
- Washes, peels, slices and mixes vegetables, fruits or other ingredients. Portions and arranges food on serving dishes.
- Carefully wraps and stores all food items, labels all stored items, and ensures proper product rotation using first in/first out procedures (FIFO).
- Maintains proper organization and the highest level of cleanliness of all food storage and preparation areas including cleaning dishes and the dish area.
- Maintains cleanliness and upkeep of kitchen and equipment at all times.
- Responsible for communicating openly and thoroughly with supervisors, and for bringing any and all concerns to supervisor’s attention immediately.
- Guarantee that each customer receives exceptional customer service during their entire visit to Railtown Cafe. Exceptional customer service includes; prompt and friendly greeting upon arrival, requisite product knowledge for accurate order taking, swift preparation of all food items and a courteous and amiable resolution to any issues that may arise.
- Comply with Railtown Cafe and Catering Employee Standards of Conduct as set forth in the Employee Manual.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High school graduate or equivalent desired, culinary school or equivalent work experience desired
- Basic knowledge of kitchen equipment and procedures, safety and sanitation regulations, and knowledge of food and food production
- General knowledge of food items, spices, ingredients
- Must be able to read and execute recipes (in grams)
- High volume, quick casual experience preferred or fine dining experience with an eagerness to work in a new, larger format
The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, frequently lifting up to 25 pounds, occasionally lifting up to 100 pounds, sitting, standing, for 4 to 8 hours, bending, squatting, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
How to ApplyPlease send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Cook” in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No views yet