- Granite Club – Posted by Employer
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Job ID : 38098
- Category : Cook
- Job Type : Full-Time
- Salary : $20.06 Hourly
- Anticipated Start Date : As soon as possible
- Posting Date : 19 Nov 2021
- Expiry Date : 19 Nov 2022
The Granite philosophy of uncompromising quality is showcased in its state-of-the-art athletic facilities, world-class events and programs for all ages, delectable dining experiences and personalized services, each tailored to suit the varied needs and desires of its diverse and sophisticated Membership.
The Granite Club is Canada's premier private Members' family, athletic, recreation and social club. Located in north Toronto, we offer our 11,000 Members the highest standard of facilities, programs and services.
We strive to recruit enthusiastic, dedicated individuals with a passion for providing exceptional service. We’ll reward all your hard work with a competitive salary and extensive benefits.
Cooks at the Granite Club are responsible for running various stations in any kitchen outlet at the Club. If you are a positive, team-oriented individuals with a passion for Food and the willingness to learn, join the Club! Apply today to Start ASAP.
Number of positions available: 10
Job location: 2350 Bayview Avenue North York, ON M2L 1E4
Must be able to work in all outlets including, but not limited to: GDR (Granite Dining Room)/Bistro Line, Intersections, Events, Garde Manger, 1875 and Staff Cafe with correct training and supervision
Technical / Culinary:
- To ensure all stocks are being kept securely and under the correct conditions
- Ensure that all mise-en-place is always freshly prepared and on time for service
- Ensure that all dishes reach the hot plate or pass correctly garnished and seasoned, correct portion, size, and served on the appropriate service plate
- Ensure all food preparations are being prepared to the correct specifications, quantity & quality, food handling safety requirements and are correctly seasoned
- Maintain station organization and cleanliness
- When working behind a buffet, food ingredient knowledge and food preparation must be known when dealing with Members
- Understand and be able to speak confidently when serving members behind a buffet or station.
- Prepare all sort of appetizers and main courses as per menu
- 1 year to less than 2 years of cooking experience as an Apprentice Cook at the Granite Club is required
- Some High School or equivalent experience
- Must be able to read, write & speak English fluently
- Ability to manage under pressure in a fast-paced environment
$20.06 / hour for 30 to 40 hrs/week
Employees are responsible for Union dues based as per the collective agreement.
- Must be available to work weekends, weekdays and/or holidays, AM and PM. These are full time and permanent positions.
What you can expect from us:
- Healthy and delicious complementary daily food offerings in our Staff Cafe.
- Complimentary indoor parking
- Extensive medical and dental benefits for Employees and their families after 3 months of employment.
- Exciting and diverse Employee events for both Staff and their friends and family
- Discounted Goodlife Fitness and GTA yoga studio memberships
- An Employee Wellness Program focused on both physical and mental health
- Exciting discounts on the Club’s retail and spa products and services
- Employee amenities including a comfortable Employee resting lounge, Employee on-site gym, free wi-fi and Employee computer stations
- Other benefits as per the collective agreement.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of Granite Club policy, a condition of employment is to perform a criminal background check and a vulnerable sector search demonstrating a satisfactory criminal record prior to commencing employment.
The Granite Club is committed to providing fair and accessible employment practices. If selected for an interview, we will be happy to work with you to ensure your interview is accessible and accommodation is provided based on the information you provide to the Granite Club Recruiter.
How to Apply
Please apply by sending your resume at email@example.com
No views yet