- The Badminton & Racquet Club of Toronto – Posted by Employer
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Job ID : 38092
- Category : Cook
- Job Type : Full-Time
- Salary : $16-20.81 Hourly
- Anticipated Start Date : As soon as possible
- Posting Date : 19 Nov 2021
- Expiry Date : 19 Nov 2022
We are looking for well experienced Cooks for a well-known The Badminton & Racquet Club of Toronto located at 25 St Clair Ave W Toronto ON M4V 1K6 Canada.
The Badminton and Racquet Club of Toronto, a preeminent Canadian private racquet, fitness, wellness and social club, is recruiting for Cooks to cook in one of our three vibrant food and beverage outlets.
The Cook is responsible for assisting the Chef de Partie or Sous Chef in opening and closing the kitchen. In addition, personally prepares and co-ordinates the preparation of all food served at the breakfast, lunch, and dinner periods for the outlets and catering areas. Duties include sandwiches, catering, salads, and vegetable preparation. Flexibility and cross-training required for working in other outlets.
No. of Positions: 07
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sustains a degree of independence and is responsible for basic food preparation, sauces, vinaigrettes, sandwiches, salads, to more complex task such as; roasting and braising.
- Ensures sanitary cooking conditions and appropriate food handling at all times to the highest level of efficiency, plating, taste, presentation, and delivery
- Ensures kitchen housekeeping practices are up to heath inspection standards, hospital clean
- Rotates food in a first in, first out system (dating and labeling), ensuring freshness and quality at all times
- Delivers the best food experience without sacrificing integrity
- Promotes and exhibits enthusiasm in the workplace at all times
- Utilizes recipe specifications and prep sheets to set themselves up for success
- Assists with putting away foods that have been cooled properly and in accordance with health regulations
- Runs food to buffet stations, ensures the buffet line is fully stocked in chaffing dishes
- Assists other outlets with prep to include catering, grab and go…
- Continuously evolves and tests new recipes to elevate the member experience
- Sanitizes tables and equi8pment after each shift
- Communicates with other cooks working opposite schedules with respect to prep
- Keeps lines of communication open with kitchen brigade and front-of-house
- Reports any deficiencies and issues to the Sous Chef and/or Executive Chef
- Operates kitchen equipment in a safe manner
- Adheres to Club dress and grooming policy
- Treats all staff, members, and guests equally and with dignity and respect
- Adheres to Club policies and procedures including health and safety and employment policies
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: No formal education required
Experience & Skills: 1 year to less than 2 years of experience.
Benefits: Medical, dental, LTD, and life after 6 months. RRSPs after 2 years.
Hourly Rate: $ 16 to $ 20.81 per Hour for 30 to 40 Hours per week
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Terms of Employment: Fulltime and permanent
Benefits: 4 % Vacation Pay,
How to Apply
Please send your resume at above mentioned location or Email at email@example.com
No views yet