Located at 1851 Sumas Way, Abbotsford, BC, Abbey Road Restaurant & Tap House Ltd. (Abbey Road Taphouse & Restaurant) is the friendliest bar in the valley with the biggest screens for sports! With a vibrant social house for all to enjoy and an extensive food menu and 25 draught beers to choose from, we hope to create a place where people just want to hang out and catch up on old times, catch some sports on one of our giant screens, or sit back and enjoy our nightly DJ entertainment. We also have a new year-round patio to accommodate parties and special events for any occasion.
We are currently looking for someone who is passionate about food, committed to the kitchen standards, likes working in a team-work environment, works well under pressure, to join our food and beverage team and help us meet our customers’ demands.
If you are interested in joining our team and you meet the requirements for the job, please contact us.
# Of positions available: 2
Work Hours: 40 hours per week
Language of work: English
Employment Type: Full-time, Permanent
Start date: ASAP
Work Location: 1851 Sumas Way, Abbotsford, BC V2S 4L5, Canada
Language of work: English
Job benefits: Vacation and Sick leave, as per BC law
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Set up food stations with all necessary supplies.
- Replenish stock for both front and back end
- Utilize a variety of cooking methods such as frying, roasting, grilling, steaming, poaching, baking, and boiling
- Prepare dishes following pre-established menus and recipes
- Prepare, portion, and serve food items
- Follows directions and instructions while assisting in all aspects of line cooking, plating, and preparation of food.
- Prepare and cook special meals to accommodate the allergies and special dietaries of our members and guests
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
- Cleaning of the kitchen and work area, including any tools used during the shift.
- Follow all food safety guidelines
- Prep all ingredients and assemble recipes so that they are ready to be used during meal preparations for the day.
Requirements for the job:
- Completion of a secondary school
- 1 to 2 years of previous work experience in the same or a directly related job position.
- Completion of a college certificate or diploma program in a related discipline is an asset.
- Knowledge in North American, Mexican and/or Indian cuisine is an asset.
- Exceptional organization, time management, prioritization, and self-starter skills
- Passion for food and commitment to quality
- Understanding of Food Safe requirements
- Ability to be constantly standing and walking throughout shift, and to do occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, and ascending or descending stairs and ramps.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
No views yet