- The International Centre – Posted by Employer
- Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Job ID : 63838
- Category : Cook
- Job Type : Full-Time
- Salary : $18-21 Hourly
- Anticipated Start Date : As soon as possible
- Posting Date : 05 Aug 2022
- Expiry Date : 05 Aug 2023
We are looking for experienced Cooks for The International Centre located at 6900 Airport Road Mississauga, ON L4V 1E8 Canada. Cook must be well experienced in preparing foods and dishes.
No. of position: 05
For decades The International Centre has been home to Canada's largest and most popular events, offering superior service and inspired event solutions from our knowledgeable staff. We strive to employ passionate, enthusiastic, and results orientated people, and we appreciate you considering us as your next employer.
The International Centre makes an excellent place for you to grow and further your professional experience. Come join our team!
The responsibility of the Cook is to prepare/cook food as directed by the Executive Chef or by the management staff.
- Follow all recipes and practice portion control to prepare, garnish, and present ordered items.
- Prepare all sort of appetizers and main courses as per menu
- Accept special requests from patrons for menu items and prepare food;
- Work as a team and prepare food orders within time limits
- Check function boards daily for any changes to functions, confirm numbers and menus
- Keep work area and Kitchen clean and restocked – maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas at all times
- Perform the daily job list (mise en place) and communicate to colleagues.
- Notify Sous Chef of any broken equipment.
- Communicate with front-of-house staff to ensure proper service and food requirements.
- Ensure the refrigerators are in order and clean.
- Assist in verifying that prepared food meets requirements for quality and appropriate portions.
- Ensure all food is labeled and dated and rotated.
- Prepare specialty foods to require a specific preparation time.
- Understand the correct safe operation of large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, deep-fat fryers
- Perform duties required for opening and closing the kitchen.
- May assist in monitoring and guiding kitchen staff.
- Operate large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, Tilt skillets, Kettles, etc.
- Contribute to achieving the loyalty of our guests by exceeding their expectations and providing warm, personal service.
- Adhere to TICC LIMITED – "Health & Safety Policy", including specific departmental safety standards.
- Other duties as required.
Education: No formal education required.
Experience & Skills: 1 year to less than 2 years of experience in food industry.
Hourly Rate: $ 18.00 to $ 21.00 per Hour for 30 to 40 Hours per week
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Terms of Employment: Fulltime and permanent
Benefits: 4 % Vacation Pay,
How to Apply
Please send your resume at above mentioned location or Email at
No views yet