CONSTRUCTION SITE FOREMAN
TerraCana Foundation Solutions Inc. (“TerraCana”) was incorporated in 1991 and is located at 1900 Valmont Way, Richmond, BC V6V 1Y. We are the largest helical pile installation company in the Vancouver Lower Mainland, and thus, we design and install more piles and more types of piles than any other pile contractor.
Whether you are dealing with unusual load requirements, soft soils, seismic concerns, or challenging access, our team has the technical skill and sophisticated equipment to give you the right foundation. In addition to helical piles, TerraCana also installs drilled micropiles, sonic vibro-driven piles, and helical micropiles. We stay on the forefront of foundation technology to make sure that we can choose the best options for our customers. Commercial clients and homeowners come to us when they need a deep foundation from a company they trust. Engineers and contractors across BC, Alberta, and the Yukon depend on TerraCana to design and install the piling systems that work best for their site conditions and project.
We put forward our best ideas, developed over time, to meet and exceed the project requirements and our clients’ expectations. More information about our company can be found at https://www.terracana.ca.
TerraCana is seeking a highly organized and reliable CONSTRUCTION SITE FOREMAN, with the following set of skills and that the incumbent would be able to independently perform his duties and responsibilities.
REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
We are looking for a foreman who:
- has at least high school certificate
- has at least one year of experience in the supervisory position, preferably in the industry
- is able to supervise between 3-4 operators, labourers, trades helpers, and construction drillers
- is familiar with the installation of helical piles and assembly of static load tests
- has good command of the English language, oral and written
- has basic security clearance
- owns steel-toed safety boots and hard hat
- has valid driver's license, preferred
- Organized, team player, dependable, demonstrate initiative and sound judgment, reliable, accurate, flexible and client focused
The applicant should have these certificates, but training will be provided.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) training
- CPR Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
- Occupational Health and Safety Certificate
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The incumbent will need to be able to:
- either to train or arrange for training new hires
- supervise workers and projects
- resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity
- requisition materials and supplies
- recommend personnel actions
- read blueprints and drawings
- establish methods to meet work schedules
- ensure health and safety regulations are followed
- co-ordinate and schedule activities
- co-ordinate work activities with other project supervisors or managers
- meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
- prepare production and other reports
- oversee apprenticeship training, and
- provide estimate costs and materials
- supervise between 3-4 operators, testers, labourers, trades helpers, and construction drillers
HOURS, WAGES AND WORKING CONDITIONS
This is an immediate, permanent, and a full-time position. Throughout the year, the incumbent will work 40-44 hours per week, from 07:00 a.m. to 15:30 p.m. Mondays through Fridays, overtime and weekends may be required. Salary $35.00 per hour.
Our contracts are in various urban, rural areas, and remote locations, and the incumbent will need to relocate. This is a local position, not “fly-in fly-out”. Work site environment may be noisy, dusty and you might be working in slippery conditions, working with heavy material and around equipment. Major work areas are drilling, equipment operation, and grading.
We offer extended insurance (life insurance, long term disability, critical illness and accidental death and dismemberment from Canada Life), as well as working gear allowance of $150.00 per year.
All benefits are available after 3 months’ probation period.
How to Apply
HOW TO APPLY
All interested applicants are invited to submit their resume by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We understand that most applicants may not have all of the required skills; however, preference will be given to candidates who are readily available and meet most of the requirements as per the job description.
No views yet