Chef de cuisine
Joy Foods Canada Inc.
Joy Foods is a Toronto-based Italian restaurant with its own production of hand-made desserts, bread and ice cream.
We make food and we do our best to transform high-quality ingredients into flavours to remember. That is why we proudly say that it’s hard to choose your favourite Joy product from hundred perfect ones.
JOY make & bake is a chain of elegant shops where we serve all kinds of handmade food products, daily prepared and 100% fresh.
We are currently open to hiring an experienced chef de cuisine to join our team.
This person will be responsible for:
- Plan and direct food preparation and cooking activities of several restaurants in the restaurant
- Consult with clients regarding big banquets
- Plan menus and ensure food meets quality standards
- Estimate food requirements and may estimate food and labour costs
- Supervise activities of sous-chefs, specialist chefs, chefs and cooks
- Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs
- Recruit and hire staff
- May prepare and cook food on a regular basis, or for special guests or functions.
· Prepare and cook especially specialties from the Chef
· Instruct cooks in the preparation, cooking, garnishing and presentation of food
· Create new recipes and develop dessert menus and specialties (gluten-free, sugar-free, plant-based options)
· Supervise cooks and other kitchen staff; understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
· Ensure that regular ongoing communication occurs with employees to create awareness of business objectives and communicate expectations, recognize performance and produce desired results.
· Lead shifts while personally preparing food items and executing requests based on required specifications.
· Represent the company in media events and networking environments as needed.
· Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met
· Plan menus and special offers for guests
· Requisition of food and kitchen supplies
· Inspecting raw materials before use and recording observations on a checklist
· Assisting the Executive Chef in ensuring the success and profitability of the organization
· Maintaining brand and quality standards in the outlets with presence during peak times of operations
· Following strict safety and hygiene protocols and ensuring that the culinary team adheres to them as well
Ideal candidate must have:
– A minimum of a Secondary School education
– Perfect verbal and written communication skills
– Bilingual; (Italian, Bosnian, Croatian or Serbian) is an asset, but not a mandatory requirement
– A minimum of 5 years of experience as a Chef de Cuisine (Italian or European culinary)
– Culinary courses or school (certificate or diploma) is an asset, however, can be replaced by excessive work experience
– Ability to produce a quality product consistently in a fast-paced environment
– Strong leadership and communication skills
– Ability to train and coach a culinary team
– Strong knowledge of preparing Italian Food
– Ability to multi-task by handling various production demands
– Ability to follow standard operating procedures for Health and Safety
– Strong organizational skills
The position is full-time (minimum of 30 hours per week) Our company offers compensation of 19$ per hour.
We are encouraging applications from newcomers, youth, Indigenous people, Veterans of Canadian Armed Forces, and people with disabilities.
Please send us your resume and we’ll gladly schedule an interview
How to Apply
You can apply:
over this website
over the phone: 647.787.0171
using the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
in person with an address: 666 Burnhamthrope Rd suite 6 Etobicoke Toronto, M9C 2Z4 (Restaurant Joy Foods)
Refer to: Jadranka Dugec
No views yet